Highlighted
Lycan333
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

My Bose soundbar sb 700 is not connecting to the app

Hi so I got myself a Bose soundbar sb700 and bass module 700 and I can’t connect them to the app I have tried it on my Android and my iPhone My iPhone is on iOS 13.1.2 and it’s not letting me connect. It connects to the WiFi but than it says oops something went wrong and when I try to do it again it says that again without asking me to connect to WiFi or anything else now this devices are expensive and it’s disappointing that’s they are not working like they are suppose to I can’t add base or even get to setting bc it’s not letting me through the app so idk if it’s the soundbar or the app but I need this to be fixed and i have tried to contact support and when I do they transfer me to tech which is static and I end up getting hung up on without any calls back or anything so please fix this **bleep** issue it’s annoying 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: My Bose soundbar sb 700 is not connecting to the app

Hi Lycan333, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having issues with setting up your Soundbar 700 inside the app and would love to assist you further with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that we ensure that the Soundbar is connected to the Wi-Fi network by following the steps for an Alternate Setup that are listed here. Please also ensure that the Soundbar is running the latest software by performing a manual update with the steps that are listed here. I would also recommend that you attempt to perform a reset on your Soundbar by: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I look forward to hearing back from you with the results of these steps and can only apologize for the experience that you have had with our customer support team over the phone. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

armannlibra@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

I think Im having a similar issue. I can get into the bose music app but adaptiq is not showing under settings, and, there is nothing showing under audio so I am not able to adjust bass or treble. 

Hello armann, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I can confirm the ADAPTiQ setting is not located under settings, but under Audio. 

To run ADAPTiQ audio calibration:

- In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar in the lower-right corner.

(If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner, select the soundbar, then tap the image of the soundbar in the lower-right corner)

- Select Audio.

- Select ADAPTiQ.
- Select Run ADAPTiQ Now.

- Follow the app instructions for ADAPTiQ setup.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on! 😊

Kind regards,

Jeff G