Highlighted

Re: Sound bar 700 visibility

Hello Istvan Gyori,

I am sorry that you are having issues getting your Soundbar 700 set up again. 

There are great steps in this thread to get you up and running again. Can I please ask that you give them a try and let me know how you get on?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Re: My Bose soundbar sb 700 is not connecting to the app

I have followed the directions in the thread referenced below.  Unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue.

The Bose 700 Soundbar will not stay connected reliably to my Nighthawk MR 60 Mesh WiFi Systems.

I have moved one of the WiFI satellites within 8 feet of the the Bose soundbar.
That has not resolved the issue.
The Firmware version on the soundbar is 8.0.13-8133+552c64. I do not know for sure if this is the latest firmware version as I could not locate that information on your website.
I have followed the instructions for reconnecting to the WiFi network enough times that I have the steps memorized.
I have verified using both the Nighthawk app and a Fing app that the Bose 700 Sounbar is connected to the network, but still receive the not available error message.
I have also seen instances where the Soundbar 700 did not show as available in the Fing app or in the Nighthawk app.
We have had several instances where we have started streaming music and have lost contact between the app and the Sound bar.  When this happens, the streaming continues but we are not able to change channels, raise or lower sound levels, or put the unit into standby.  The not available error shows in the app.  The fact that the streaming continues would seem to indicate that the sound bar is still connected to the WiFi.
I do not know if the issue is with the WiFi connection or with the app.
We are using the app on multiple apple phones SE 2020, iPhone 6S and two different iPads.

We have purchased numerous Bose products over the years including, Bookcase speakers, Counter top units, and a Wave Machine. When it is working, the Soundbar 700 performs well.  We have used the Sound Touch app for several years and have not seen issues with it.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating.  The website has proven less than helpful in resolving this issue.

Glenn Allen

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Soundbar Touch 700 doesn't show on BOSE Music app

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Bose Music app unable to find Soundbar 700

I m unable to find Soundbar 700 on my BOSE MUSIC app from iPhone

my phone: iPhone 11 Pro max

Place: Kuwait

Highlighted

Re: Bose Music app unable to find Soundbar 700

Hello svcmngrravi,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry that your Soundbar is unable to connect to your Bose Music app. Have you tried any of the steps on this thread to resolve your issue? A great place to start would be resetting your router and soundbar and trying an ethernet cable if you have one.

Let me know which steps you have tried and what the outcome is!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

Authenticating issue on Bose Soundbar 700

Bose Sound Bar 700

Since 2019 Apr, i was using the product with out any issue. Recently my wifi connectivity got reset and update my iball 300mm broadband wifi router with latest firmware. Noticed the current date is not updated with the modem, showing 1979/1/1. 

After this  I'm not able to reconfigure my Bose soundbar 700 with my bose app on the same wifi.

one time its connected and not able to authenticate. I hope this might be the date issue. Do anyone have the same problem, any solution pls help me out.

Antony / Kerala / India

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

Soundbar 500 not connecting to wifi tv or app

Need help with my Soundbar 500. I have had for a few months without issues. However, when I tried to update it to my new wifi, the app couldn’t detect the unit. I tried to delete/ reinstall app — no luck. Next I rebooted unit a few times — no change. Last I tried factory reset with new/ unused universal remote but only get flashing lights on remote. I have unhooked the bass unit. Soundbar itself is not working  with tv any case. Please help.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Soundbar 500 not connecting to wifi tv or app

Try rebooting your router.  You should be using HDMI or optical from your TV, not WIFI.