Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

My smart home speaker 300 doesn't have any reaction.

I accidentally touched some button, the Bluetooth can't connect and my speaker began to keep showing the solid white light then fades to black. I saw the manual, pressed the "Bluetooth" button try to show the blue lights, but it doesn't have any reaction. I also pressed the "Volume -" and "AUX" button to try to restoring factory settings, still nothing happened. I still tried to plug out the battery and plugin again, still can't help. 

I already tried all the ways I can, but my speaker still has the same situation. Could someone help me with that plz? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: My smart home speaker 300 doesn't have any reaction.

Hello KK0126,

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Home Speaker 300.

Vol - and AUX initiates a factory reset, you need to hold these buttons down for just over ten seconds for the reset to begin.

Please let me know if the speaker still fails to respond after holding the buttons for more than 10 seconds. 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your advice.

I did what you said, then plugin & plug out and did again. I hold about 30 seconds. The speaker still has no response and can't connect the Bluetooth either.

What should I do next?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Could I please confirm if you see anything happening on the screen when this happens? Does it tell you it is Factory Resetting? If so, when it is complete and you turn the speaker on, does it go into set up mode? Also, have you tried a secondary device to see if this will pair?

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

I did download the app on my phone, but when I was trying to restore the factory setting, I deleted the product and hope it will add again. Now it tells me nothing went wrong, so I can't add my product on the app. (as the photo shows.)

when I was restoring the factory setting, nothing happened, no sounds, no light changed (the light has always been what I showed in the photos since the problem began to show), my app has no responded to it either. 

My speaker was connected with my phone and my computer. I tried to reconnect for both, but none of them work.

Hope this information could help. Thank you.

IMG_6986.PNGScreen Shot 2020-09-03 at 9.32.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-03 at 9.33.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-03 at 9.33.46 AM.png

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this. 

Let's see if we can get any response from updating your speaker. You can find instruction on how to update your products firmware HERE.

Do let us know if this shows any sign of improvements. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

Hi sorry for replying so late. I had something to handle so can't deal with the speaker.

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried, held Bluetooth and volume - over 10 secs, unfortunately, still, nothing happened.

I really don't know what can I do next.

Thank you.

Highlighted

That's no problem at all, thanks for giving this a go. 

At this point, as we have exhausted all troubleshooting, is to reach out to your local Bose product support team where an agent can assist you further. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. Do note, if you are contacting through Facebook or Twitter, our agents cannot process any payment transactions or out of warranty services.

Thank you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!