NEW AIRPLAY 2 DOES NOT WORK RIGHT!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

NEW AIRPLAY 2 DOES NOT WORK RIGHT!

I have the new AIRPLAY 2 Firmware on my Bose 500 Home Speaker and all it does is cut out and shuts off.

I've tried EVERYTHING and it still does not work with my new iPhone XS.

What can be done about this?  Thanks.

33 REPLIES 33
Friendly Fanatic

Re: NEW AIRPLAY 2 DOES NOT WORK RIGHT!

Try removing power for 30 seconds and try airplay again, if that doesnt work try a factory restore. otherwise it may be a system fault, Airplay 2 works fine on my soundbar 500.

Audible Advocate

Hi,

I tried everything several times. I also tried using my IPad and it does the same thing. It’s almost like there is a problem with the Firmware. Otherwise, the 500 works perfectly - just having the issue with Air Play 2.
Audible Advocate

Well, I was able to get Air Play 2 to work fairly well when I switched from 5G to 2.4 on my Network.

Has anyone else had to do this?

Hi MRAUDIO,

Thank you for your posts. I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem with Airplay 2 on your Home Speaker 500.

It sounds like there could possibly be an interference or distance problem. Your performance could have been improved using 2.4GHz because this bandwidth works better for further distances. 

Try moving your speaker nearer to your router and you may have fewer problems using your 5G network.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hello,

My Speaker is currently about 8 to 10 feet away from my Router. It seems to be working fine as long as I stay on the 2.4 band. When I go to 5G, it cuts right out.

Hi Mraudio, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this issue. 

When you are switching to the 5G network are you also using the 5G network on your other device that you are attempting to airplay with? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

Hi,

I have BOTH my iPhone and the Bose 500 connected at 2.4. Also, when I tried my IPad at 5G and attempted to Air Play to the Speaker, that also did not work with 5G. I hope this helps you.

Hi Mraudio, 

Thanks for updating me on this. When attempting to use your Ipad on the 5G network are you connecting the Home Speaker 500 to the 5G network also. For Airplay to work the devices need to be on the same network. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Silent Starter

My Airplay 2 is still having issues.

1) Both are not far from router

2) Both, device and 500 speaker, are on the same 2.4 wi-fi

3) Both have must recent updates

It connects, plays for a second or two, and then stops responding.