Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

New Bose 700 Continually installing Update on App

Having downloaded the Bose app, my phone has found the Bose soundbar 700 but has been continally installing the update for 3 hours. Does it usually take this long at setup?

Im unable to go any further..... HELP ;-(

bose.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: New Bose 700 Continually installing Update on App

Hi Rachel.Collins,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

I find the initial update for the soundbar will usually take at most 20/30 minutes but it can be slightly longer than this depending on your internet speeds. 3 hours, is much longer than I would expect the update to take!

As the app is thinking the soundbar is still updating, what is the soundbar itself showing for you? If it is still updating you'll see movement from the lightbar, can you please let me know what this is doing? Which of THESE is closest to what you see?

Once you know what the soundbar is doing, we'll be able to find the correct next steps to continue the setup. If you don't see any light at all, the first thing to do would be to close and re-open the Bose Music app, to refresh its connection to the soundbar.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Ok. There’s 2 lights to the left of the speaker.

None of which I can see in the examples you sent across so I’m stuck. 

And the app is still installing the update.

please advise 

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to me Rachel.Collins!

It's strange that the lights you are seeing are not included in the list, could you please attach a picture of what you are seeing on the soundbar?

As long as the lightbar is not scrolling from left to right, like in the picture below, what you will want to do next is a reset of the soundbar.

SB update.jpeg

To do this what you will want to do is disconnect the speaker from power for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and allow it to reboot. If the light scrolls from left to right, then it is trying to install the update and you do not want to unplug the soundbar, as this can cause further issues.

Let me know if this helps!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

I have the same problem reported by the other user. In My BOSE MUSIC APP, the message is Installing update and the light bar on the soundbar is off. Please help me to check what is happening.

IMG_0812.jpg

Highlighted

Hi ramirea,

Is your app still showing that the soundbar is updating? The soundbar will automatically download any available updates in the background, but will only install the update when the soundbar is not in use, between 2 AM and 5 AM local time so it is likely to have installed overnight for you!

If you are stills seeing the app showing the soundbar as updating, but no progress lights on the soundbar, you will want to try manually starting the update by following the steps shown HERE.

Let me know how this goes!