Highlighted
Participant
  • 0
  • 1
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

New Smart Soundbar 300

Hi I just received my Smart Soundbar 300. I was able to connect it to my tv and via Bluetooth to my phone. To my surprise it couldn't link to the Bose Music app. The app wouldn't find it. A little searching for help on your page revealed a big surprise. The 300 is not even on your support page as one of your systems. I only could conclude that the 300 is not on the app yet. When will you update the app.
The S/N of my soundbar is *[SN Hidden by Moderator]*

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: New Smart Soundbar 300

Hi there, 

 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Soundbar 300. I'll be more than happy to help! 

 

I would recommend resetting your soundbar before searching for the speaker. You can do this by unplugging the speaker from power for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. 

 

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
  • 1
  • 4
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

New Smart Soundbar 300 vs 700 Soundbar

What is the difference between the Bose 300 smart sound bar and the 700  sound bar? Would an investment in the 300 smart Soundbar with the bass mode and speakers be a better investment than the 700 Soundbar without speakers and bass module?

 

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: New Smart Soundbar 300

Hi Wiltonb,

 

Thanks for the question! Which soundbar would be most worthwhile for you will depend on what you want from a sound system. I'll post some information here that will help get you pointed in the right direction to find the best setup for you!

 

If you would like to jump straight to a full 5.1 surround system, then either soundbar with the accessories will get you to that full experience straight away. By adding the surround speakers and bass module you'll have the extra surround and bass channels for when you want that immersive audio experience.

 

What you will want to consider when choosing your setup though will be that the soundbar you choose will be the base for the surround system to build off. The Soundbar 300 is a more compact soundbar, but the Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 are both larger and do have a couple more features. The key differences are that the Soundbar 500 and 700 are larger and feature larger drivers creating the sound, and they both support the universal remote (which the Soundbar 700 comes with) and they have access to the ADAPTiQ audio calibration. 

 

Having tested the Smart Soundbar 300, I love it and think it's the perfect upgrade from my Solo 5, so I can't wait to get my hands on one properly to start building my home theatre set up. As sound is subjective though, some people will prefer the sound of the 700 to it and in a larger space, you may need that extra size and power.

 

If you get a chance, I'd recommend trying to give the soundbars a test in one of our stores or a 3rd party reseller and see how they sound on their own. You'll be able to work out from there which will give you the starting point you are after to build the system around.

 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
  • 0
  • 1
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Re: New Smart Soundbar 300

The Bose Home Speaker 300 is part of the Bose family of smart speakers and soundbars. They all work together, so you can add another whenever you want to enjoy more music in more rooms. And with voice assistants built in to each product, you have instant access to all your music—hands free mcdvoice

Highlighted
Expert
  • 308
  • 1530
  • 39
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: New Smart Soundbar 300


@Stanlley wrote:

The Bose Home Speaker 300 is part of the Bose family of smart speakers and soundbars. They all work together, so you can add another whenever you want to enjoy more music in more rooms. And with voice assistants built in to each product, you have instant access to all your music—hands free.


Are you referring to the Home speaker or new Smart Soundbar 300? 

Highlighted
Expert
  • 308
  • 1530
  • 39
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: New Smart Soundbar 300


@Keith_L wrote:

Hi Wiltonb,

 

Thanks for the question! Which soundbar would be most worthwhile for you will depend on what you want from a sound system. I'll post some information here that will help get you pointed in the right direction to find the best setup for you!

 

If you would like to jump straight to a full 5.1 surround system, then either soundbar with the accessories will get you to that full experience straight away. By adding the surround speakers and bass module you'll have the extra surround and bass channels for when you want that immersive audio experience.

 

What you will want to consider when choosing your setup though will be that the soundbar you choose will be the base for the surround system to build off. The Soundbar 300 is a more compact soundbar, but the Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 are both larger and do have a couple more features. The key differences are that the Soundbar 500 and 700 are larger and feature larger drivers creating the sound, and they both support the universal remote (which the Soundbar 700 comes with) and they have access to the ADAPTiQ audio calibration. 

 

Having tested the Smart Soundbar 300, I love it and think it's the perfect upgrade from my Solo 5, so I can't wait to get my hands on one properly to start building my home theatre set up. As sound is subjective though, some people will prefer the sound of the 700 to it and in a larger space, you may need that extra size and power.

 

If you get a chance, I'd recommend trying to give the soundbars a test in one of our stores or a 3rd party reseller and see how they sound on their own. You'll be able to work out from there which will give you the starting point you are after to build the system around.

 

Let me know if you have any further questions!


Sounds to me like the Smart Soundbar 300 is the baby bear of the Bose Smart SoundBar lineup. Nice!

Highlighted
Expert
  • 308
  • 1530
  • 39
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: New Smart Soundbar 300


@hpaziii wrote:

Hi I just received my Smart Soundbar 300. I was able to connect it to my tv and via Bluetooth to my phone. To my surprise it couldn't link to the Bose Music app. The app wouldn't find it. A little searching for help on your page revealed a big surprise. The 300 is not even on your support page as one of your systems. I only could conclude that the 300 is not on the app yet. When will you update the app.
The S/N of my soundbar is *[SN Hidden by Moderator]*


Use wifi to set up your new soundbar.

Highlighted
Participant
  • 1
  • 4
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Re: New Smart Soundbar 300

Thanks for your comprehensive response; very helpful indeed. I am now inclined to buy the new mart sound bar.  My concern is the quality of music, and ease of use  more than size and loudness. I also intend using it on a 65 inch tv.

 

Presently I have a 5.1 Visio with base module and speakers. I am hoping thus will be a great upgrade.

Highlighted
Expert
  • 308
  • 1530
  • 39
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: New Smart Soundbar 300


@Wiltonb wrote:

Thanks for your comprehensive response; very helpful indeed. I am now inclined to buy the new mart sound bar.  My concern is the quality of music, and ease of use  more than size and loudness. I also intend using it on a 65 inch tv.

 

Presently I have a 5.1 Visio with base module and speakers. I am hoping thus will be a great upgrade.


@Wiltonb give some serious thought to the larger soundbars to go with your 65in TV. I suspect the 300 SoundBar is pretty small.