Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BryanR-WA
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2021

Newbie to smart home

Hey friends--

I'm clawing my way into this century/decade. 🙂 

I recently purchased a Smart Soundbar 300 along with a new TV in our front room. Love it, works great. I control it with the Bose Music app.

I also recently purchased a Soundtouch Wireless Link adapter that allows my iPhone to stream to a Wave that's old and "not smart," in our bedroom. Love it, works great. I control it with the SoundTouch app.

I had hoped I could use the Bose Music app to group the two smart Bose products and stream Pandora, etc. from my iPhone to both, getting the same music going in two rooms. But the Bose Music app does not see my Soundtouch Wireless Link adapter. Is this not possible?

Extra credit: I want to purchase a quality Bluetooth speaker for our kitchen. Ideally I can get all three talking to one another and have the same music going in all three rooms. If the Sound Bar and Wireless Link Adapter cannot be friends, then it's more important to have a Bluetooth speaker that can group with the Sound Bar. What Bluetooth speaker(s) should I consider?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Newbie to smart home

Author Accepted Answer selected by BryanR-WA

Hey BryanR-WA,

Welcome to the community, I hope you're enjoying your new products!

You will not be able to pair via the SoundTouch app, however you can use SimpleSync in the Bose Music app. When connecting with SimpleSync, these products will play in sync with sound from your Bose smart speaker or soundbar. If connecting to a Bose smart soundbar, there may be a slight audio delay while watching video with these products, this is due to Bluetooth processing between the products. 

To get started, open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose Smart Family product. Then click on your product’s image in the bottom-right corner of your screen, tap on “group”, and choose to add your Bose speaker or headphones. Make sure your Bluetooth speaker or headphones are turned on and in pairing mode before you open the app on your mobile device. No SoundTouch app needed, even when pairing SoundTouch products.

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by BryanR-WA

Hey BryanR-WA,

Welcome to the community, I hope you're enjoying your new products!

You will not be able to pair via the SoundTouch app, however you can use SimpleSync in the Bose Music app. When connecting with SimpleSync, these products will play in sync with sound from your Bose smart speaker or soundbar. If connecting to a Bose smart soundbar, there may be a slight audio delay while watching video with these products, this is due to Bluetooth processing between the products. 

To get started, open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose Smart Family product. Then click on your product’s image in the bottom-right corner of your screen, tap on “group”, and choose to add your Bose speaker or headphones. Make sure your Bluetooth speaker or headphones are turned on and in pairing mode before you open the app on your mobile device. No SoundTouch app needed, even when pairing SoundTouch products.

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

BryanR-WA
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2021

Wow wow wow! Thank you!

I had figured out getting the sound bar and PHS connected using the Bose Music app but had missed that I could include the SoundTouch Wireless Link (to my Wave) using Bluetooth. Thanks to your reply I've now got all three connected and I've got Pandora throughout my downstairs--front room, kitchen, and bedroom. 💗 it! Thanks again.