Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

No Remote for Soundbar 700? Need to Connect to New Network

Hi -

I use Logitech remotes for all AV, and thence my (now ex) gf misplaced the "spare" Bose remotes.

I changed my wifi after moving to a new place, and cannot get the Soundbar 700s I have no remotes for to reset. How do I do this w/o the original remotes?

Thanks,

H

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: No Remote for Soundbar 700? Need to Connect to New Network

Hey @HGHall,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear you've misplaced your Soundbar 700 universal remote. In order to change the Wi-Fi over, you'll need to put the soundbar into setup mode for it to be found in the Bose Music app. This can only be done by using the TV Icon and Skip Back button combination on the remote. Therefore, I'd have to recommend that you reach out to support in order to obtain a new remote.

Once you get a new remote, you can pair this with your soundbar by following these steps:

If the remote is not already showing the top source buttons flashing, then simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and Left arrow buttons for five seconds. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. Then wait 15 seconds for the remote and soundbar to pair.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!