Highlighted

Re: No prompt for WiFi with Bose Home Speaker 500

Hi @Vpants,

That sounds quite frustrating! In regards to where your WiFi router is situated, how far away are both of the Home Speakers? Due to distance, you may find the 2G channel produces a stronger connection - meaning it may be more prominent in certain areas of your home.

Do you notice any of your other devices have a tendency to switch between the 2G and 5G networks?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

They are both about 30 ft away from the router. I guess the alternative is for them to function on either networks and grouped with bluetooth. When I do that though I lose control of the bluetooth speaker for volume.

Highlighted

Hi @Vpants,

There shouldn't be a need to do that and I wouldn't expect you to have to experience grouping difficulties using Bluetooth.

It seems that possibly the distance is causing the stability issues - so it might be worth connecting both systems to your 2G Wifi channel. Simply put, both speakers will suit better on this network as there will not be a shifting of networks and you should still have the option to group both speakers together. 

I can imagine it may be quite tedious to have you walk through the setup but I do strongly recommend giving that a try. Do let me know if you notice any improvement after!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.