Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shivashankar
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

No sound from soundbar 700

No sound from Soundbar 700. Tried various input sources like bluetooth, airplay, HDMI ARC (Tv). Absolutely no sound. 
i am able to see the light on sound bar changes when different sources are selected (ex: blue light for bluetooth). Also I can see white light on soundbar when volume is increased / decreased. 

But I am not able to hear any sound. 

Soundbar Firmware version: 10.0.10. 

8 REPLIES 8
Charlotte_G

Re: No sound from soundbar 700

Hey @Shivashankar, thanks for posting!

I am sorry to hear that you are not receiving any audio through your Soundbar. It's great that you've tried all the different sources and it's a good sign that the remote is functioning as well as the light bar for volume. 

Could you please start by resetting the system. This can be done by removing power for 30 seconds.

Have you been able to hear audio through it before?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Shivashankar
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Thanks for the response! Yes. I tried removing the power cord from Soundbar, HDMI input to soundbar for more than 30 seconds and reconnecting. Yet, am seeing same issue.

I also grouped a bluetooth speaker from the Bose Music app and even in the grouped speaker, there was no sound. But the App showed Pairing successful etc.

Regarding "Have you been able to hear audio through it before?", Yes very much. It was working flawless.

Vicky_W

@Shivashankar, this is very strange. Thanks for trying those steps for us. Please can you give the steps here a try and let me know how you get on?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Shivashankar
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

I tried. The section that you've listed is mainly for HDMI. Here, I am not able to hear sound from any sources - Bluetooth, Airplay, Bose Music App, Alexa.

I tried factory reset as well. Didn't help.

BTW, CEC is OFF. I tried with CEC ON as well. No change.

Charlotte_G

@Shivashankar If you click the microphone button on the soundbar, do you hear the "dum" sound? If not, it does seem that at this point you'll need to explore the service options for the soundbar. This can be done by contact local support here - Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Shivashankar
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Its unfortunate that Bose has closed their own service center in Bangalore. When Bose charges 4x times for a product more than other Brands, they should be able to afford at least one service center in a place like Bangalore.

They have handed over service to TVS-E and they will be starting their operations from 28th Feb.and they said by Mid-March, we can expect repair to be done.

Didn't expect this from a Brand like Bose.

Overall, software / firmware is pathetic.

I should have gone for a simple home theater system.

Shivashankar
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

I handed over the soundbar 700 for service after contacting Bose Service. They redirected me to Bose-TVSE Service center. I was told the product will be available on 1st week of March. So far I haven't received updates.

This is the pathetic service center that I had ever been. Bose can certainly not select them as Authorized service Center. They don't answer phone calls. They don't repsond to emails. They don't respond on Whatsapp. They block phone number after trying to call several times.

Vicky_W

@Shivashankar,  I am sorry but this is a peer-to-peer based support forum and we are unable to assist in customer service issues. If you need help with customer service, please give us a call. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.