Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

No sound using Soundbar 700

Bose product name: Soundbar 700

Firmware Version: 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Sony TV - KD-65X8077G

Hi all, 

My first post - not sure where else to turn. My Soundbar 700 has randomly stopped working. Everything was fine for approx 7 months when we bought it, but now the TV and soundbar don't seem to be communicating. I imagine this is a problem with ARC but I can't be sure. Bluetooth works but when I select the TV input on the remote, the TV speakers are used instead.

Any troubleshooting steps that could be suggested for me?

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Re: No sound using Soundbar 700

Hello AtomicEarth001, 

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to read that you are having audio issues with your Soundbar 700. 

I appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far! Can you please let us know if you experience this issue with an optical cable or just HDMI? 

I'd also recommend that we perform a reset on the Soundbar by following these steps here. Please also check your TV's audio settings to ensure that this wasn't accidentally adjusted. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AtomicEarth001
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

I've done a reset but no luck. Works fine with an optical cable but ideally I would want it to work via ARC.

Sam_F

Thank you for trying, AtomicEarth001. To get HDMI ARC working again, I'd recommend trying the following steps to perform an HDMI reset:

1) Unplug the TV and soundbar from power. Remove the plugs directly from the strip rather than unplugging the strip from wall (if a power strip is used). Keep all HDMI cables plugged in.

2) After leaving both units for two minutes, plug your Soundbar in. Keep the TV unplugged. The soundbar will flash white when plugged back in (rebooting).

3) When the white light on the soundbar has stopped flashing, press the TV screen button on the soundbar remote. 

4) Plug the TV back into power and test for audio.

Let me know if this helps you out!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AtomicEarth001
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

Hi,

Sadly this has not worked. The soundbar still only works over optical. Do you have any other recommendations?

Twan_D
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Have you connected any new device to your TV with HDMI?

I have had the same problem when my laptop was connected true HDMI at my TV, there was no sound possible over HDMI with the Soundbar 700. Unplugging my laptop from the TV solved the problem.

AtomicEarth001
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

Initially I suspected something had become loose. When I checked, there were no problems and literally nothing had changed. Tried updating the firmware too but no luck.