Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

On-off button on Speaker 300

Is there a button I can press to turn off the Home Speaker 300, the old school way?

Alexa does that command quite well, I am just wondering about a physical button command.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: On-off button on Speaker 300

Author Accepted Answer selected by rickatk

Hi RickatK, 

Thanks for posting and welcome back!

@Morlock is correct that the speaker will enter 'sleep' mode rather than 'off'. You can achieve this by pressing and holding the play/pause button. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, you know where to find us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I think you just pause it and it goes to sleep after a couple of minutes not playing.

It's a sleep mode rather than off, so that it can still wake through voice control or from the app control

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by rickatk

Hi RickatK, 

Thanks for posting and welcome back!

@Morlock is correct that the speaker will enter 'sleep' mode rather than 'off'. You can achieve this by pressing and holding the play/pause button. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, you know where to find us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Morlock wrote:

I think you just pause it and it goes to sleep after a couple of minutes not playing.

It's a sleep mode rather than off, so that it can still wake through voice control or from the app control

@Morlock @Sorry I didn’t hit the “accept” to your post. Many thanks for the answer to my question! Seems the On-Off button is becoming extinct.