Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Pair Soundbar 700 with 700 bass module without app - that is, pair them manually

I want to have my Soundbar system independent of Phone and internet to play music or Tv, but can’t pair bass to Soundbar without the Bose Music app.
Is there a way?
Thanks
Don
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Pair Soundbar 700 with 700 bass module without app - that is, pair them manually

Hi Don, 

Thank you for your post about the Soundbar 700 system that you have. I do apologise for the troubles you have had with setting up your soundbar - we strive to make the whole experience stress-free, so we can certainly work to help you resolve your issue.

We do recommend connecting you soundbar to the Bose Music App as the primary method of pairing the Bass Module 700 to your soundbar. Alternatively, there is another method of connecting the Bass Module 700 to your Soundbar 700 and this can be done using your soundbar remote. Simply press and hold down the Bluetooth and Play/Pause buttons at the same time for 5 seconds - until you see a pulsing white light on the front of your soundbar. It is essential that your Bass Module 700 is in pairing mode when attempting the remote pairing. To check this - the LED on the back of the Bass Module 700 should be blinking amber to indicate the bass module is ready to pair.

We hope this helps resolve the issue you were having - please let us know if you have any other queries in regards to using your Soundbar 700. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Warm Regards,

Sam - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 8, 2018

Re: Pair Soundbar 700 with 700 bass module without app - that is, pair them manually

Hi Ad, 

I have new Suround Speakers, can I connect rear speakers by remote?

@Sam_F wrote:

Hi Don, 

Thank you for your post about the Soundbar 700 system that you have. I do apologise for the troubles you have had with setting up your soundbar - we strive to make the whole experience stress-free, so we can certainly work to help you resolve your issue.

We do recommend connecting you soundbar to the Bose Music App as the primary method of pairing the Bass Module 700 to your soundbar. Alternatively, there is another method of connecting the Bass Module 700 to your Soundbar 700 and this can be done using your soundbar remote. Simply press and hold down the Bluetooth and Play/Pause buttons at the same time for 5 seconds - until you see a pulsing white light on the front of your soundbar. It is essential that your Bass Module 700 is in pairing mode when attempting the remote pairing. To check this - the LED on the back of the Bass Module 700 should be blinking amber to indicate the bass module is ready to pair.

We hope this helps resolve the issue you were having - please let us know if you have any other queries in regards to using your Soundbar 700. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Warm Regards,

Sam - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I feel your pain I have the same problem. I only have hot spot. Internet is not an option where I live. I can not use he app because it does not open with hotspot. I think Bose IT department needs to get on it and develop an app that will accept hotspot I can stream movies without any problem for 8 hours straight using cricket. From an iPhone. But I can’t pair speakers. .... Really come on Bose..... step it up. I want surround sound with the 700.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I have the same problem. That does not work.
You hold down those 2 button. The white light on the soundbar 700 comes on. But does not blink steady after. It goes out. . All my speakers are blinking Amber an in pairing mode . I am not able to use the app because I only have hot spot through cricket. The app does not open. I’ve called your tech support 2 times. And even took your recommendation and returned the 700 for another one because I was told it’s not going in pairing mode. Only to come home and have the same problem. . Why will the Bose speakers not pair ti the soundbar using the remote.
Highlighted

Hi Maggie9876, 

Thanks for your post.

Have you attempted to use a WiFi network rather than the Hotspot as this can cause issues and prove to be very unreliable. 

Also have you attempted to delete and reinstall the app? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Basically what you need to do is take your Bose equipment back to the store and get Sonos.  That will solve all of your issues.

It won't work without the app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

I was able to pair mine with the remote using the two button procedure above.  However, I can’t run ADAPTIQ.  I can’t adjust balance or volume, bass and treble of surround and bass speakers.

PLEASE publish other REMOTE alternative ways of using Bose 700.

oterwise, I agree - trade out for SONOS.

Don

Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

How to improve Bose 700;

Produce a new manual that is correct - current one uses SoundTouch instructions for one section. In manual:

Explain how soundbar connects with external speakers.

Explain how the APP works and whether it is dependent on internet to BOSE or just local WIFI.

Develop and publish procedures for all APP functions to be done with the remote.

Soundbar - fancy lights are poor substitute for labeled individual status lights.

Regards,
Don 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

ive tried pairing the sub and and bosee 700 sound bar a hundred times pressing the pay-pause button 5 seconds at the same time with the blutooth button, after waiting 30 seconds unplugging the sub etc etc etc, as well as even the sound bar multiple times, 100,000 peole are going to return this to tjr store because not everyone has internet and wants to use your app to set up everything., whats your solution to the problems we  are having. this a mutli millions dollar mistake  from your pre launch of this product. no instructions also. dont put your products out untill they are ready for the public. sonos will destroy your business if you keep wanting a premium profit and giving your customers nothing but troubles simply hooking up a sub and sound bar.