Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Pandora Functionality Limited

I have Pandora connected to the Soundtouch app on my PC.  It will recognize stations that I previously set up, but I can no longer access the ability to search for new stations by genre or playlist as I can do using Pandora outside of Soundtouch.  I can only create a new station by entering the artist or track.  This has been a problem for some months at least, but I've just now decided to try to fix it.  I have removed and then reinstalled my Pandora account in the app.  I have not disconnected my speakers because I can't imagine that would help and I have the app applied to 4 different speakers and am not confident about doing the reconnection.  Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Pandora Functionality Limited

Hi there,

That sounds quite odd! Sorry for any inconvenience so far. At this time I think you're correct in that it's best to keep the speakers connected unless I feel that it may benefit you. How long has this been a particular issue for you?

Have you been able to download the SoundTouch app onto a smartphone and test the app through that?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  The behavior is identical on the app on my Android phone.  The interface doesn't give me options to search other than artist and track, and there's no option to browse.  Since the Windows app on my PC and the Android app on my phone behave the same way, is it the way Bose has the software set up?  Is it supposed to offer me the full set of options that I see from the Pandora interface on their website?

Highlighted

Hi there, Thank you for coming back to us!

Can you tell me if you are running the most recent version of the SoundTouch app?

Do you have a premium version of Pandora that you have linked to the SoundTouch app?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hi.  My Soundtouch app is up to date.  I'm running the basic (non-pay) Pandora.  I don't have a premium account anywhere.  The functions I'm missing in Soundtouch are available in basic Pandora.

Highlighted

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I have looked into this further for you and as you are running the free version of Pandora, the behavior you are experiencing is expected. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything further we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hi Jessie,

Thanks for researching this for me.  I'm truly disappointed in the answer, though, because unless I am seriously mistaken, I think the full functionality was there in the past.  It's very disappointing that the "services" provided by Bose in the Soundtouch app don't include the cost free pieces of the music platforms.  I think this has always been the case with Spotify - that Soundtouch will only work with the paid version.  Do you know if this is a Bose shortcoming or something with the platforms?  If it's Bose, my satisfaction just went way down.