Golden3ye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Play All functionality has stopped

I have a sound touch 300 soundbar and sound touch 20 portable speaker. Both up to date with recent updates. My app is also up to date as well.

both speakers are connected to WiFi. 

Just recently I cannot play the same source over both speakers. It has worked flawlessly up until this week. 

I used to do Bluetooth from my phone, pandora over WiFi, and Spotify premium over WiFi. 

Now none of those work. When I try to add a speaker to the group it says to switch to a source that allows broadcast. 

I have tried disconnecting my pandora and Spotify accounts and reconnecting with no luck. 

I need some help before I lose my mind. These speakers are too expensive to have core functionality removed after purchase 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Golden3ye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Re: Play All functionality has stopped

Author Accepted Answer selected by Golden3ye

I just got off the phone with bose phone support and they got me working.

They had me do a factory reset on the sound touch 20 then re add it to my bose account. Now it is working, fine. Playing wifi sources to all speakers like intended.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hello Golden3ye, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry you are having this issue, I would love to assist. The steps you have taken so far are great.

Now we can start together by resetting the speakers and router first. This can be done by unplugging each of them for 5 minutes and then connecting again. 

After that, please can you confirm which additional speaker you are trying to add to your setup? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Golden3ye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Hello Vicky,

I just completed the reset where I unplugged both the soundtouch 20, the soundtouch 300 soundbar, and my router for over 5 minutes.

I then tried to play pandora through the soundtouch app to the soundtouch 20 speaker. Then I tried to add the soundtouch 300 soundbar. Again, same error that suggests to choose a source that allows broadcast.

I then tried it the other way. Starting pandora through the soundtouch app to the soundtouch 300 soundbar. Then I attempted to add the Soundtouch 20 and was again given the same error message. 

Highlighted
Golden3ye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Golden3ye

I just got off the phone with bose phone support and they got me working.

They had me do a factory reset on the sound touch 20 then re add it to my bose account. Now it is working, fine. Playing wifi sources to all speakers like intended.

View solution in original post