Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Play/Pause Button not working in Bose Home Speaker 500

Hi,

I have purchased Bose Home Speaker 500 just 2 weeks ago. Suddenly, it's Play/Pause button stopped working on day 8. I tried below but none worked.

• Tried reset speaker by unplug for 2 mins and more
  • Tried factory reset
  • Tried manual firmware update

Appreciate if someone from Bose can help?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Play/Pause Button not working in Bose Home Speaker 500

Hi Arpit Mehta,

Welcome! Thanks for joining us in the community!

It sounds like you've already done a lot of great troubleshooting for this, resetting the speaker, updating the firmware, and factory resetting are all great steps to try for this!

Do any of the other buttons on your speaker still work correctly? Is it just the play/pause button that has stopped working or are any other buttons having issues as well?

One thing you can do to check whether the play/pause button is responding at all would be to test whether you can put the speaker into setup mode. If you press and hold the play/pause and AUX buttons together, you should see a countdown appear on the display if it is working correctly. You can release the buttons as soon as you see this countdown as this will prove whether the button responds at all.

If you do see the countdown appear then it would suggest that the issue is with what is being played on the speaker, rather than the physical button, and as such we will be able to troubleshoot this further!

What have you been playing on the speaker when you have been trying to use the play/pause button? Have you tried this with multiple sources at all or just the one so far? 

If the countdown doesn't appear, then it is likely a problem with the hardware of the button. As you mentioned this is a very new speaker, I would recommend reaching out to the place you bought it from to see if you can get it exchanged through them first. If that's not possible then give your local support team a call and they will be able to look into what your options are with you. You can find their contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and scrolling to the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Re: Play/Pause Button not working in Bose Home Speaker 500

Hi Keith,

Thanks for replying on my post. I appreciate!

It's only Play/Pause button that has stopped working, rest all buttons are working fine.

I tried Play/Pause+AUX button together as suggested by you but no countdown is appearing. 

Earlier I used Play button with all the sources like Wifi, Presets and Bluetooth and it was working fine.

I noticed one strange behavior, not sure if it makes any sense, when the button stopped working initially, I restarted the speaker and it worked for few mins after that no response but now it has stopped permanently after factory reset.

Any idea?

I bought this speaker from Amazon India and now the return window is closed so can't exchange. Bose helpline is also not working due to COVID-19 situation. Local service station in Mumbai, India is closed indefinitely.

I don't know what to do? Running out of ideas.