Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kcvinod
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

Play music via Alexa on my bose 450 speaker

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name - Bose home speaker 450 

Country - United States

Firmware Version- 10.0.10-9304+6a8d444

App Version Bose Music 4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (iphone 7 .)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

1. I enabled Alexa a voice assistance. Alexa is able to tell whether and jokes.

2. I ask Alexa to play music the it says " Hmm First enabled the skill for bose 450 speaker on the Alex App and then ask me to discover devises"  

3. Next I enabled Bose ( Not for Sound Touch) skill on my Alex app. 

4. I ask Alex discover devises " It says that I couldn't found any new smart home devises. If you haven't yet, Pls enable the smart home devises on your Alex devises ".

What environment do you experience the issue in?  - At home . No disturbance 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? I bought this speaker recently and it never worked

Any troubleshooting steps you took. I looked at the thread and tried to follow steps but it did not worked. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Play music via Alexa on my bose 450 speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kcvinod

Thanks for the update Kcvinod!

As you are able to play music fine from the app, it sounds like the original connection to the Alexa account did not go through correctly. What I would recommend doing is removing Alexa from the speaker through the Bose Music app by following THESE steps, then re-adding it to the speaker.

If you still get the same response from Alexa after re-adding it to the speaker, the next thing you will want to do is disable, then re-enable the Bose (Not for SoundTouch) Skill through the Alexa app as well.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Hi Kcvinod,

Sorry that you are having some issues setting up Alexa on your new Home Speaker 450.

Are you able to get responses from commands like "Alexa, what is the time?" or is it only music services you cannot access?

Can you confirm for us which music service you are trying to use?

Do you have any issues in playing audio directly through the Bose Music app? This way we can see if this is an issue with your WiFi connectivity.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Kcvinod
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

Yes I am able to access other services from Alexa e.g. Alexa is able to answer questions such as weather details, crack a joke, etc. 

Alex is not able play any music. Whether I tried to play free music channel on Amazon or I tried to play music through spotify ( off course I linked spotify to my amazon account), everytime it says to enable skill  but neither it is able to recognize added skill not able to discover Bose 450 speaker even though I have added the skill in Alexa. 

Kcvinod
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

To further answer your question, I am not facing any difficulty in playing music directly through Bose Music app. I can play Pandora, Spotify, etc. 

So all functions work except that Alexa is not able to detect Bose skill and not able to discover Bose speaker. 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kcvinod

Thanks for the update Kcvinod!

As you are able to play music fine from the app, it sounds like the original connection to the Alexa account did not go through correctly. What I would recommend doing is removing Alexa from the speaker through the Bose Music app by following THESE steps, then re-adding it to the speaker.

If you still get the same response from Alexa after re-adding it to the speaker, the next thing you will want to do is disable, then re-enable the Bose (Not for SoundTouch) Skill through the Alexa app as well.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post