Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Playing mp3 music & playlist

I recently endeavored to put great sound in every room of our house and shop.  Some rooms have two speakers for a more full experience.  I purchased 14 smart home 500 speakers and a soundbar 700 with bass module and surround speakers.  I love the quality of the sound and the ability to use Google or Alexa in any room of our house.  Playing music that is not available on a music service is giving me a great deal of difficulty.  How do I play my own music and playlists without being tethered by bluetooth or an aux in cable.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Playing mp3 music & playlist

Hey @rfelsch,

That sounds like quite the setup! I hope you've had a great experience with your smart home systems so far.

With your systems being connected to the Bose Music app, you'll have a wide selection of services to stream from. Regrettably, there isn't an option to connect local music/playlist from storage. However, I could be more than certain you'll find this music available on all streaming platforms within the Bose Music app. Have you had much experience with the streaming services? Is there any issues with using Bluetooth connection to stream your music?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Hi Sam,

•      The system is awesome!   I know a lot of people besides myself who purchase a CD from a small local band.  That is one example of some of the music that is not available on a music service. 
  • The Bluetooth works well, but it is very limiting.  It forces me to keep my phone close to the speaker it is linked to.  If I walk out of the room, the music stops and my guests are annoyed that the music stopped.
  •    Leaving my phone behind when I need to leave the room causes a slew of other challenges.  It is best if I keep my phone with me. 
  • Overall, the system is a real breakthrough for bringing music to every room of our house.  I am optimistic that the details will get worked out quickly so that I and many others can realize the full potential of this new platform.
  •   I have been a fan of Bose products for many years.  The sound quality and innovation of the smart home products continues on that tradition.  Well done Bose!
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey rfelsch - thanks for getting back to us. It's great to hear of the positive experiences you've had so far with your new speakers. I know how convenient the grouping feature is for multi-room playback. 

Regrettably, there is currently no ability to directly playback saved media, like CDs, within the Bose Music app. My recommendation for use case scenarios like this would be to have a device like a computer or a laptop that is stationary and accessible to everyone who requires access within the building to act as the hub for this data - especially in a shop/retail environment. This can then remain situated and play your CD media through Bluetooth or aux to a single speaker, which can then in turn playback the audio to the rest of your connected speakers wirelessly. 

Recently, some smaller and more independent bands sometimes explore services like Spotify to host their music. Many of my friends are using online streaming services to expand the exposure that their music receives, but I appreciate these services may not be suited to everyone's needs. All the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!