Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

Poor voice quality 500 sound bar

Hi, I have awful voice sound quality when using the Bose sound bar. The normal TV speaker is much clearer. I cannot get the Panasonic tv to pair via Bluetooth or HDMI cable but the optical cable works. Music sounds good when playing from other sources. But if people are talking they are difficult to understand. Help please. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Poor voice quality 500 sound bar

Hey @skinnear_pm, welcome to the Bose Community!

It's very strange that you're experiencing poor performance with voices on your Soundbar 500.

If you haven't already, could you please enable Dialogue Mode and see if the quality improves. Dialogue mode makes voices more distinct and understandable. You can enable this in the Bose Music app. Tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner, select Audio, tap Dialogue Mode, use the Dialogue Mode toggle to turn the mode on or off.

Should this not help, it would be great to determine whether the problem is with the soundbar or with the connection to the source. Would you be able to connect another device to the soundbar and check out the voice quality? For example, connect a mobile device via Bluetooth and play a YouTube video or similar.

Please let me know the outcome of these steps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2020

Re: Poor voice quality 500 sound bar

Is Home Theatre selected on the VIERA Link App?