Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Re: Portable Home Speaker Airplay Issue

I just bought the Portable Home Speaker a few days ago and I am having the same Airplay issue. I also have the Home speaker 500 and the Soundbar 500 which are not currently experiencing these same Airplay issues. 

I’ve been following the thread and I’ve attempted all the troubleshooting. I’m assuming it’s a firmware issue. I’ll be waiting for an update! 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

I’ve just bought my Bose portable speaker today. One of my criteria for the purchase is that it works directly with Airplay. The demonstration in the shop certainly did. I’ve set up the product which included a software update. It works with Spotify but I’m getting the same Airplay message as everyone else - unable to connect. Help please. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Same problem here, and also the same reason for buying.

Pls Senf fast a update. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

So we are all stuck with the sbc bluetooth codec unable to use an aux jack and without airplay 2. It seems difficult to swallow when we are talking about a brand as Bose.

For me Bose is losing its value proposition, asking for $300+ for a speaker with only Bluetooth for my Tidal Library.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Having same issue. Just got the Portable Home Speaker. Connects fine via BlueTooth, when "part of a group" etc but will not connect individually via Apple Music AirPlay. Says "Cannot Connect".

Tried ALLLLL suggested remedies and nothing works. Can connect via Alexa or Spotify over wireless network but not from AirPlay in Apple Music app. Also have 300 and 500 wireless smart speakers and these both work fine without any issues.

This is clearly a BOSE issue with the AirPlay function on this particular speaker. What is the resolution BOSE??? Please dont suggest I reset, install updated software etc....have done all this 10x at least and again, this is a BOSE issue on the Portable Home Speaker not a user issue. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Hi,

like many others here I seem to have the same issue. I got my portable speaker and Bluetooth and TuneIn work perfectly but no luck with AirPlay. I have also tried resetting, rebooting etc,etc. Any ideas or do I get a refund ?  Needless to say this is very disappointing. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

I'm having this issue too. Bought a Portable Home Speaker last week, did the software upgrade as the Bose Music app suggested, but after the initial setup, there is no way to make AirPlay to work. When trying to stream from an iOS device, it always shows the "Unable to connect" notice.

I'm disappointed and I'm waiting for other few days to get a working firmware update, otherwise I will return the product back for a refund. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Same problem here.

Bought portable home speaker around Christmas. Everything works fine except airplay.

Hoping problem get fixed soon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

I also have this problem on a Portable Home Speaker I bought before Christmas, i.e. I can't play audio using AirPlay when the speaker and the device is connected to the same Wifi. My speaker doesn't even show as an available device. However, when using the Spotify app, I can connect to the speaker using the Wifi ("Spotify Connect") which means that it "partially" works and that both devices are in fact connected to the same Wifi. I have the exact same problem on both an iPhone and a Macbook Pro which means the problem isn't specific to a single device.

(Bluetooth works but I payed for AirPlay as a feature and I would appreciate if Bose could acknowledge that this is a problem and give us an update on the progress to a solution.)

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

I ended up returning my speaker and exchanged it. All fixed now but disappointed by the lack of response on this forum!  Obviously there is an issue with a number of the speakers.