Highlighted
giovadifiore
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Re: Portable Home Speaker Airplay Issue

@Petem: could you please post here the firmware version you’re using working with AirPlay? I’m not sure it’s an hardware or software issue.

Highlighted
Petem
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Hopefully you can see it here.Hopefully you can see it here.

Highlighted
giovadifiore
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Thanks!

So Bose... please help us to understand where the problem is... It now seems to be related to hardware.

Highlighted
Bgru
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

I actually got Airplay to work just now after doing a factory reset (first removing the speaker from the app and then holding volume+ and bluetooth for 10 seconds and then adding the unit again in the app). I tried connecting the speaker to the 2.4 GHz wifi this time instead of the 5 GHz I connected to earlier and it worked, so I did a second factory reset and connected it to the 5 GHz again and it worked as well (the change-Wifi-procedure seems to be buggy and doesn't work for me, hence this second factory reset). It might not be a working solution for everyone, but the problem for me at least wasn't with the unit itself but rather something with the setup.

Highlighted
giovadifiore
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Unfortunately even after the last update that brings the Portable Home Speaker to version 4.0.10 as suggested by the local support team, nothing changed and AirPlay was still not working with the same error. I have returned the device to get a money refund because even if the audio quality is excellent, I was not happy with the overall Bose software appearing so buggy. 

Highlighted
shusson
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

I also cannot connect via airplay. I've factory reset the device multiple times and tried on both 5GHz or 2.4GHz. I'm on firmware version 4.0.10-2172+555c29e.

Highlighted
colinchuang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2015

Hi, just got mine and same issue too. And also only got this one because it has airplay as the reason for purchase. If I only wanted Bluetooth I would have just bought the revolver and saved money. I’ve also done all the steps and still get the same error message.

Highlighted
shusson
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Is there any news from Bose on this? Are there new firmware updates coming?