Highlighted

Re: Portable Home Speaker Airplay Issue

Hello Kyle Ma, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to read that you have had this issue across two speakers and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please let me know if you have attempted any troubleshooting so far? If you haven't attempted any please do attempt all steps that are in this thread! 

If you could please also attach an image of this error message this would also be very helpful for us. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hi Hector

Thanks for replying my request.

here are the things I tried before my exchange:

1. factory reset the bose speaker
  2. reboot my router

In addition, I have two apple tv in my home, and they are working well for the airplay.

the problem I have is connection, pls. see attached pic.

thanks for you help.

Best,

Kyle

IMG_1108.PNG

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Exactly the same problem here !

Thanks

Highlighted

Hey all, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! @Kyle Ma, thanks for the in-depth information about your scenario. 

So I would like to start with ensuring that the speaker is running the latest software by performing a manual update on the speaker by pressing and holding the Bluetooth and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds until the LED ring is filled with a white light. While the speaker is checking for an update it should fill and clear with white light in a counter-clockwise direction. 

If there is an update available to the speaker then, when the update is installing, white light fills and clears the light ring in a clockwise direction. Performing standard resets to the device, router and speaker are very helpful also for an issue like this.

This can be performed by power cycling the device and router and performing the standard reset rather than a factory reset by pressing and holding the Play/Pause button for 10 seconds then you will see a light ring pulsing at the top and bottom of the ring. 

Another thing that could cause this could be the connection between the two devices, so it may be helpful to forget the Bluetooth connection of the devices and try connecting without the Bluetooth connection present. 

I look forward to hearing back from you both with the result of these steps and if any other users have had and resolved this issue via a different method please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B  

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hi Hector,

I just did what you told me to update the speaker(actually when i got this speaker, it got updated when it was connected to the wifi, i even have no choice to say no, it took more than 15 mins to finish)

IMG_1134.PNGIMG_1135.PNGIMG_1136.PNG

since it was forced updates searching, the speaker looked for updates for couple seconds then back to normal, and i tried to use airplay with my iPhone, it showed not able to play.

BTW, i called my ISP to reboot my router even remotely. but it still didn't work.

thanks for you help.

best,

Highlighted

Hey Kyle Ma, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am very sorry that the steps that were provided above did not resolve this for you. 

The last thing that I would want you to check before looking to send the speaker in for repair or exchange the speaker would be to adjust your Wi-Fi settings to the following: 

• UPnP: Enable
  • Multicast: Enable
  • IGMP: Enable
  • Wireless Isolation: Disable
  • IGMP Proxy: Disable
  • IGMP Snooping: Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode: Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS: Disable
  • WAN IP Blocking: Disable

These settings are what we recommend for our Wi-Fi products to ensure that there isn't anything that is causing the speaker to not be able to correctly connect. 

If you are unsure how to adjust these settings and need assistance with this I would recommend that you reach back out to your ISP to do this or give our team a call via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of changing these settings.  

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

I have the same "unable to connect" airplay message when selecting speaker.  Reset speaker, router/wifi, same result.  Other airplay devices work, e.g. Samsung TV, for example.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hi Hector,

I just tried to set the router according to the instruction you gave to me, actually, most of them are at the status you suggested.

after that, I reboot the router and tried to use the airplay through my iPad and iPhone, but I still have the issue, cannot connect. pls see attached pics

IMG_0139-min.PNGIMG_1145-min.PNG

Thanks for your follow up.

Best,

Kyle

Highlighted

Hey all, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. We appreciate your patience while we looked into this a little further for you. 

I would highly recommend that you attempt the steps that are listed by Moderator Sam_F here for some great steps on how to resolve this issue. 

If the steps in that thread don't work please do let us know so we can look into this further for you. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hi Hector,

Thanks for your suggestion, and I just tried using the Spotify App from my iPhone is working, cause Spotify allows you to choose playing equipment.  however, if I use the airplay using other audio or video software, then the "not able to connect" is showing again.

In addition, my BlueTooth works pretty well and i have no issues with it.

And this is my second Bose Portable Home Speaker which i got from the BestBuy and i don't think exchange a new one will solve my problem. and probably your tech team will send an update to fix this hopefully.

Best,

Kyle