Highlighted

Re: Portable Home Speaker Airplay Issue

Hello Kyle, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm wondering if you may be having conflicts due to your Apple TV. If any of your Airplay 2 devices have the same name, you may experience issues. For example, I had my personal Home Speaker 500 and my Apple TV named "Living Room" which caused a conflict that resulted in being unable to stream to the Home Speaker 500. Renaming the speaker within the app did not help to resolve the issue as Apple's HomeKit app only recognized the speaker as "Living Room" from the original point of naming. I resolved this by factory resetting the speaker, then by giving it a new unique name. 

Give this a try on your Portable home speaker to see if this helps. 

To factory reset the speaker: 

1. Open the Bose Music app and remove the Google Assistant from your Bose account. 
2. Remove the product from your Bose account. 
3. Simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons for ten seconds until the light ring is filled with white light.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your suggestions, actually I realized this issue for my first speaker, and I reset that one and my airplay still didn't work, and I went to BestBuy and they gave me an exactly same but new one.

This time when I headed home, I use the app to activate the speaker and it went to system update automatically. after that, I got in the speaker, and it asked me to choose a name, and I chose the "bass monster" directly. however, I still have trouble to use the airplay.

if you want to know anything different between the two speakers I have, I would say: the second one I got have a faster reaction to tell me "unable to connect" while the first one took a while.

Thanks for your reply.

Best,

Kyle

Highlighted

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for providing this information!

Do you have access to any other devices which you could try and connect your speaker to through AirPlay? As you are able to connect AirPlay through Spotify, it suggests that AirPlay is working fine with the speaker so I would be intrigued to see. Additionally, if you stream from the music app as appose from the control center, is this possible?

airplay music.jpg

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

I just received my portable speaker today and I have the exact same

issue. Tried all the steps mentioned on this thread. 

Thoughts?

Highlighted

Hey Keku1044, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are also experiencing this issue and would love to assist further. 

Can you please confirm if you were able to connect using Airplay via Spotify as Kyle is above? If so could you please answer the questions of Moderator Charlotte_G? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answers above. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

I am able to airplay using amazon music. That being said, the only way I can play anything on the Bose speaker from a apple gadget is using bluetooth and nothing else seems to work at this time in terms of airplay.

Adding the product( Bose device) from amazon music app also works.  Airplay is the only problem.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Hello to everybody,
i buyed a Home Speaker and a Portable speaker four days ago. The Homespeaker works perfect with Airplay but if i try to connect to the portable speaker i get an error message.

IMG_5211.PNGIMG_5212.PNGIMG_5210.PNG

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the continued activity in this thread!

I can confirm that the development team is aware of this issue and are working hard on getting the issue resolved.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please reach out to us here.

Kindest,

Jessie O

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

I have same issue ..

I am kinda IT guy ..tried everything mentioned above  

Latest firmware :

Serial.jfif

Devices are on same 5GHz wifi

WiFi.JPG

Spotify Connect, Tune in ,amazon music works 

Any existing iOS devices works with any existing Airplay devices on same network :

Airplay.jfif

but not on Bose 😞

Unable2connect.jfif

Highlighted

Hey Soul-S,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry that you are having this issue, I have passed your helpful information onto the development team. 

We will update the community as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W