Did you mean: 
Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Portable Home Speaker - Alexa Unresponsive

Device : Bose Portable speaker

Hi, 

Till last week Alexa was working on my portable speaker but recently no response when i say "Alexa".

I just did reset , configured (Device, Music app & Alexa app)  and working good till we power off the device. Once I restart , again Alexa is not responding.

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
Jeff_G

Re: Portable Home Speaker - Alexa Unresponsive

Hi Suresh, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear Alexa is not responding. 

Can you please ensure the microphone is not disabled? There is a button on the top of the speaker that looks like a microphone with a diagonal line passing through it that allows you to turn it on and off. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Jefff, 

Yes, it is not disabled.  It will be on red when it is on disabled mode if i am right?

thanks

Jessie_O

Thanks for checking this! 

I would recommend that you remove Alexa from the Bose Music app. You can do this by heading to the settings menu > Voice assistant. From here you will be able to select Alexa and remove it. Once complete, add it to the app again. 

Let me know if this improves your issue. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Prior to send you the email , I did try more than 5 times but the status remains the same.

FYI .. All my Echo devices working without any issues except Bose Portable Speaker(Alexa).

Thanks

Jeff_G

Hi Suresh, 

Can you please disconnect your internet router from power for around 5 minutes then plug it back in. After this, please retest to see if the problem persists.

Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Jeff. Yes i did now but still the same issue.  It was working good prior to your latest upgrade.

Tnx

Jeff_G

Thanks for confirming. 

When you set Alexa back up after resetting the speaker to factory settings earlier, did you remove the Bose Alexa skill and re-add it? 

Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Yes.. 

Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Yes, I cleared the catche, removed from Alexa app &  Bose App and added.   I also delted the speaker and added with different name.

Thanks