jean lin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Re: Portable Home Speaker - Setting up your speaker

Hi Jean lin, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting provided has not resolved your issue. 

Can you tell me is you have a dual-band network?

Do you have any extenders or boosters in the property?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

martinvandenhurk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Today I received the new portable speaker and am impressed by the sound quality!!!

I prefer using the portable speaker as an extension of Soundbar 700 and Bass module 700, this is possible by adding the portable speaker to a group with the Bose Music App. For daily use, I prefer the soundbar universal remote. Is it true that creating the speaker group must be set each time you start it? In that case I have to switch to the Bose Music App for daily use. Or is there a possibility to link speakers semi-permanently in a group? My children would like to use this feature....

My Soundbar is optic-connected to TV and wired to network, audio and video are in sync. But if the Soundbar and Portable speakers are configured as a group (for watching TV), the audio delay is very-very high. Even with an audio delay of 200 ms, video and audio are not synchronous. this makes the combination unsuitable for watching TV, I even think about returning it and change it for Surround speakers or is there another solution for this?

Adele NYC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Just got a new speaker. 
Set it up beautifully at my fathers house. 
Realized I need it at my house. 
I cannot put in the new/different WiFi at my house. 
how do I change WiFi name and password?

Hello Adele NYC, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

It's so great to hear that you enjoyed the speaker and it's simple set up process. 

To connect the speaker to a different network if your network name or password has changed, or if you want to change or add another network you can complete the following steps:

• On the speaker, press and hold the Volume down button and the Play/Pause button until the light bar glows amber.
  • On your mobile device, open your Wi-Fi settings.
  • Select Bose Portable Home Speaker.
  • Open the Bose Music app, and follow the app instructions.

Helpful tips:

• If the app doesn’t prompt you to set up the speaker, tap the My Bose icon in the top-left corner. Tap to add your product.
  • When connected to Wi-Fi, your speaker has access to voice control and all other features offered in the Bose Music app.

The speaker will automatically reconnect to a known Wi-Fi network if the speaker is powered on, and in range of the Wi-Fi network. This speaker stores up to 8 different Wi-Fi networks in the order they were last used.

I hope this helps, please do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Lane4Imaging
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

I am able to play music (Spotify and Siriuis XM) on my new Bose Portable Home Speaker.  I am connected to my internet wifi.

I have been unsuccessful in activating Alexa using my Alexa app.  I am running iOS 13.1.  I have also enabled the Bose (not for Sound Touch) skill.

The Alexa app is unable to discover my speaker.  I have tried multiple times to connect.  Advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Lane4Imaging
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

I started over.  Deleted all the apps and started again at square 1.  Success!  Interesting, I was never able to get the speaker into the amber "setup" mode.  Everything works flawlessly.   The speaker works like a charm and sounds great.

macphi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

I tried this to connect to aonther wifi network but it does not work. 

I was able to successfully connect them to a first wifi network. 

When trying to connect them to a new network, I did the following: 

- Press volume down + play, get a solid amber light up and down.

- Open wifi on my iphone 11 with iOS13. Select Bose Portable Home Speaker in wifi

- Open the Bose Music app - I see my 2 speakers but they show as "not avaialble"

- Refresh in the app - speakers show as still not available

- Tap on the + in the app: app searches for nearby products, nothing available.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? My understanding is that these speakers should be able to run on more than one wifi network. 

Thank you for your help

macphi

Hey Macphi, 

Thanks for reaching back out to me. 

This does seem really strange. Can you please ensure that you are running on the latest software for the speaker. 

To check for a software update:

• With the speaker on and connected to the Internet, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons for ten seconds until the light ring is filled with white light.
  • As the speaker checks for (and downloads) the latest update, the light ring will fill and clear with white light in a counter-clockwise direction.
  • When the update is installing, white light fills and clears the light ring in a clockwise direction. 

If you have tried all troubleshooting steps and are still having issues. The best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and talk this issue through with them to work out the best next steps. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

I hope that you get this issue resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

rxcrider
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

I've only had my Portable Home Speaker for a few days and it works well if I use it through the wi-fi  / airplay connection. If I switch to Bluetooth, it stutters and cuts out constantly. It doesn't matter if my iPhone is 3 feet away or 30. I bought this speaker specifically because my SoundSport Free Eearbuds play flawlessly as long as I'm reasonably close to my iPhone. Is there possibly something I missed in the setup? Firmware is updated to 3.0.8-1987+a8d34f5.