Highlighted

Re: Portable Home Speaker - Setting up your speaker

Hi David 799,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your Portable Home Speaker.

As this seems to be related to the update it was trying to install we can try running the update manually. You can find the instructions for doing this at this link and we may be able to push the update through that way.

If this does not work, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

Hi there,

I would like to be another user requesting for the voice assistant to be available as well. I believe this is clearly not that Alexa or Google services are not available in Thailand. I use Echo Dot gen 3 and Alexa works just fine without any problems. If I cannot use the voice assistant then at least allow me to connect my Echo Dot to the Bose Portable Home Speaker. Otherwise this is very pointless to get this Bose Smart Speaker.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Speaker in general is great, fantastic sound and I like the smart features. But as a dedicated Bose buyer having a few older speakers I have a few questions. 

when will you develop the app so I can use multi room on my SoundTouch speakers, I now have two separate systems due to incompatibility. 

why have you not allowed the speaker to integrate with Alexa multi room, both of these issues are making me consider a full new system, possibly with another brand. As smart homes are moving towards fully integrated items I find this difficult to understand for loyal brand customers who likely feel like purchase are now about forcing full upgrades. 

I currently have Soundbar and sub 

several SoundTouch speakers across the house and can’t use my new speaker with them. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

I have tried over the last three months since I purchased my Portable Speakers to set it up using the app ...a very fertile effort . I have gone through all the steps and it just does not work. The most progress I make is, it connects via the initial stage of the wifi connect and then breaks when its setting up and gives me an Oops ! message. This is very frustrating and one believes there is bug we are not informed about . Its unacceptable after all this while to have this problem.

Really need a solution....

Otherwise able to use the speaker to play music from my iPhone via Bluetooth , but what's the point in having the app if I cant use the full functionality of the speaker ? 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

I have tried pressing and holding the volume down and play button to enter setup mode and it still doesn’t work, the light is still white and later flashes red on the Home Speaker 300

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching out to us @Dmedina!

To pop the system into setup mode, you will need to press and hold the 'Aux' button and the 'Play/ Pause' button for 10 seconds.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you still require assistance! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Hello Jessie_O,

I have the same problem as Jean Lin.

I think I have tried all the troubleshooting tips in this forum.

The Portable Home Speaker connects to wifi (I can see it connected on the router), to the same network of my phone (all other phones in the house), and during set-up, mainly on the last step it looses connectivity to the Bose Music App, and the device can never be reached.

I reset the speaker several times and chose a different network as well, and happens the same every time.

Regards,

JLop