Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Portable Home Speaker Turns Itself On

I have a few Home Speaker 500s in my house, and I recently added a Portable Home Speaker into the mix. I have noticed that the Portable Home Speaker will turn itself on at various times.

For one, if I create a group selecting my 500s, I will find that my Portable has also turned on (though it's not playing music, as it wasn't added as part of the group, and nor was it even selectable when creating the group).

It will likewise turn itself on if I've been playing music on the Portable, turn it off, and switch to one of my 500s.

In both cases, I am pressing and holding the power button on the Portable for two seconds, and it makes the power sound, and the indicator light turns completely off.

Also, I typically play music through Spotify Connect (though obviously I'm using the Bose app to create groups).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Portable Home Speaker Turns Itself On

Author Accepted Answer selected by smooreless

Hello smooreless,

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your Portable Home Speaker. 

I'd kindly suggest resetting the speaker to see if this helps. To do this, please press and hold the play/pause button for ten seconds. The light ring will display a pulsing white light on the top and bottom as the speaker reboots and connects to your WiFi network. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hello Smooreless, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

We typically hear about this scenario when customers have the speaker connected to a charger or when the speaker is on the charging cradle. The speaker may be powering up if it drops by 1 percent as the charger automatically kicks in putting power into the system. 

Do you have the speaker connected to power when this is happening? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Thanks for getting back to me. No, the speaker is rarely on the charger, and I'm not aware of it having happened when it has been on the charger.

Highlighted

Hello Smoorless, 

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming that. 

Can I please confirm, when the speaker is off, does the phone show it as BLE in the Bluetooth list? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

I'm not sure how to tell if it is BLE. The speaker is off, and I opened my Bluetooth menu on my iPhone, and I grabbed some screenshots for you.

IMG_2385.PNG

IMG_2386.PNG

IMG_2387.PNG

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by smooreless

Hello smooreless,

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your Portable Home Speaker. 

I'd kindly suggest resetting the speaker to see if this helps. To do this, please press and hold the play/pause button for ten seconds. The light ring will display a pulsing white light on the top and bottom as the speaker reboots and connects to your WiFi network. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Resetting the speaker as described appears to have solved this problem; I reset my speaker four days ago and have not had it turn itself on since despite testing various groupings and situations. Thanks. I will update if this recurs and resetting doesn't work.

Highlighted

Hello Smooreless, 

Thanks for updating us. 

I am so happy to hear that your issue is now resolved. Please can you mark @Jeff_G's solution as the 'Accepted Solution' as this will help others who may have the same issue. 

Let us know if you need help in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W