Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Portable Home Speaker Update

Before I get told ...I have followed all of the trouble shooting guides, reset the App and the speaker at least 3 times each and have ensured that the speaker and phone are on the same wifi network.

The App( Android 3.01) is showing a constant speaker updating page. The speaker light is constantly rotating. The update cycle has been running for 2 days on the APP.

Spotify direct connection from a computer and app work fine.

The app does not.

Any pointers??

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Portable Home Speaker Update

Hello Bouncingbaby30,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems connecting the Bose Music app to your Portable Home Speaker. I'd love to help.

To begin, could you please visit manually updating your Portable Home Speaker on your computer and ensure that the speaker is up to date. 

I would then recommend deleting the Bose Music app and re-installing. 

Once you have done this, please let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Speaker is now updated...for what its worth.

I have now "discovered" that alexa does not work in my location. 

No warning on your web page selling the speaker.

No warning in the Bose shop in Bahrain.

The people working in the shop did not know either.

So what are you going to do about the blatant miss selling of a Bose speaker that does not knowingly work in the location you are selling it in?

I tried to give a  bad review but Bose moderated it for , I suspect being overly critical( Telling the truth) about the appalling service and practise you have and are doing with regards to knowingly selling an item that does not work.

And don't come back with the usual diatribe about " we are constantly updating"  because reading the comments from the other substantial number of disaffected customers, Bose does not look like it is doing anything to remedy the situation. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

I also followed all of the guides for online and offline update but nothing works to make the portable speaker update. Not even with the cable. I connect it through the USB-A to USB-C cable and initiated service mode with - and + buttons, but the web page never comes up on the web browser.

In the online mode the light just keep spinning and spinning day after day and due to the design of the mobile interface of the app it's impossible to know if the update is progressing or not, there's only a spinning icon over the speaker.

Is there any other option to update the device or to have online assistance to do so?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted

Hi deigo80co,

Thank you for trying the manual update for us and letting us know who you got on.

Just to clarify, when you say the light keeps spinning, is this the light ring on the speaker? If so is it spinning clockwise or counter-clockwise? Depending on which way the light moves, it will let us know whether the speaker is trying to download or install its update.

Let me know, as what the speaker is trying to do will let us know what the next steps will be.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

I am having the same issue. It's been "updating" for three days now. I have drained the power, tried the manual update. Nothing is working. Very disappointing. I am returning this piece of junk - thank goodness for Amazon's excellent return policy. Bose, for the amount of money we pay for your products, you could get your s##t together. So frustrating...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

at the end it worked for me...

honestly I don’t know how...

i just kept using the speaker in Bluetooth mode draining the battery seve times and let it update happened several times...

another thing is I did is reset to factory settings...

I think one of the main problems is the update is way to big (almost 2 Gigabytes) for most of WiFi, so that can take a loooooot if time. Another think is I detected the update service interrupts a lot and the update never ends, so you have yo try several times.

The guys at Bose chat help me a lot 

hope this helps!!! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Portable Home Speaker - stuck installing update

Got my Portable Home Speaker a few days ago.

The phone app took about 2 hours to download the update, and is now trying to install the update to my speaker.

It's continually showing "Installing Updates" with the spinning dots.

The speaker lights are off except for power.

I did see part semi circular white lights just means connecting to Wifi.

Mobile app has been stuck "installing update" for 4 hours or so.

Highlighted

Re: Portable Home Speaker - stuck installing update

Sorry about this @Ian_H, can you please try the steps mentioned by @Charlotte_G on how to update the speaker manually and let me know if this resolves the issue? If not, there are some more things we can try!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Re: Portable Home Speaker - stuck installing update

Thanks for replying.

I can't see a message using the link you provided.

If the suggestion is to try the Bose Software updater for Windows - I tried this.

Bose Portable Home Speaker is not supported.