Pearlmikejam
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Portable Home Speaker and SoundTouch

I bought the SoundTouch 200 a year ago with the expectations of expanding with more speakers.  I am in need of a portable speaker and am close to purchasing the Sonos Move for the reasons below:

- Bose seems to have abandoned the SoundTouch platform

- Connectivity for both the speaker and the app is flaky and unreliable, especially with SiriusXM

- Cannot group a portable home speaker and a SoundTouch -  I want the portable home at the pool or deck and have the SoundTouch in the garage playing the same thing

- Multiple apps

That said, I would love to get a Bose, but the limitations above are hard to overlook.  Are there any reports of the platforms merging, and, potentially the apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Portable Home Speaker and SoundTouch

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi @Jim38,

Thanks for reaching out. 

It will not be possible to pair the Bose Portable Home Speaker to all 3 of your SoundTouch products, but you can initiate a Bluetooth connection to a single product to make a pair. 

This is the Bose SimpleSync feature which is available with your SoundTouch 10 and 20 (if this is a SoundTouch 20 III). You can view our other compatible products here. To pair these, this will be within the Bose Music app, you can find instruction here.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jim38
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Hi Bose

Can the new Bose Portable Smart Speaker group and play in sync with my existing Sountouch 10, 20 & 120 soundtouch speakers?

Tegan_M

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi @Jim38,

Thanks for reaching out. 

It will not be possible to pair the Bose Portable Home Speaker to all 3 of your SoundTouch products, but you can initiate a Bluetooth connection to a single product to make a pair. 

This is the Bose SimpleSync feature which is available with your SoundTouch 10 and 20 (if this is a SoundTouch 20 III). You can view our other compatible products here. To pair these, this will be within the Bose Music app, you can find instruction here.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post