Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Portable Home Speaker

Hi, 

I recently purchased a "Portable Home Speaker" ( Almost one month ) I am facing following two issues : 

1.  I charged the device 100% and fully powered off (Battery Saving mode)for a day then switched on , got a voice message as " Battery 100%" . Again I completely switched off ( Battery saving mode) for a day and powered on and now the voice message about the battery is 97%.   How is it possible that without using the battery is draining?

2. I am unable to connect Spoitfy ( premium & free) with Portable home speaker while my sound touch is on standby mode. But I can able to connect "Portable home speaker " when I completely power off Sound Touch 30.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Re: Portable Home Speaker

REMINDER

Highlighted

Hello Suresh Kumar, 

Thanks for posting in the community. 

I would love to help with your questions. 

1. Whilst the speaker is in battery saving mode, the speaker will still be using power, just very small amounts. This is because if you have a voice assistant activated on the speaker, it needs to be able to awaken the speaker to answer your query. Due to this, the speaker does not shut down completely. 

2. Unless you have 'Spotify Family', you are unable to use your Spotify account on more than one device at a time. As you are using two different apps, Spotify will class this as 2 different devices trying to use the account at any one time. This will be why you are having issues. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Vicky 

Thanks for your response.

Further to reply on my query1: if it the case my device should wake up when i command with the voice but not happening . I need to long press on power button to wake it up.

Regarding Query (2)  Spotify .I clearly mentioned that im iot using spotify on soundtouch it was on just stand by mode.

Thnx

Hello Suresh, 

In regards to your first point, I would ask that you continue this in the thread you have created before. This is in line with our Community Guidelines as we like to make it as easy as possible for users to discuss certain topics. You can find your thread on this here

Following on to your second point, I am going to need more information on this. The more information you give us, the easier it is to resolve an issue. Detailed answers really help us to help you. Please let me know: 

• When you are unable to connect, what do you mean? 
  • You say free and premium, are you trying to use both? 
  • When you state the SoundTouch is in standby, is the app still open in the background of your phone? 
  • What phone do you have? 
  • Are you seeing any error messages? 
  • Have you been able to set up the account on your Bose Music app previously? 
  • When you say you can connect it when the SoundTouch is off, what method are you using? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Vicky, 

As you suggested , I responded on the thread you provided for my query 1.   i.e. when I voice over, " alexa , alexa wakeup" etc etc not reacting unless I long press to power on.

My response below on query 2 : 

• When you are unable to connect, what do you mean?     I mean Unable to connect /choose the portable speaker from spotify app .
  • You say free and premium, are you trying to use both?  Yes
  • When you state the SoundTouch is in standby, is the app still open in the background of your phone? NO. even if it is open it should work with the speaker I select right ?
  • What phone do you have? Oneplus 6
  • Are you seeing any error messages? NO
  • Have you been able to set up the account on your Bose Music app previously? Yes
  • When you say you can connect it when the SoundTouch is off, what method are you using? I go play music from spotify and select the available speakers or I select music(Premium) from soundtouch app.
Highlighted

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for providing that information.

When you are trying to connect to the Portable Home Speaker on the Spotify app, does it show up in the list of available speakers but you are unable to choose it, or does it not show in the list at all?

Also, are you able to play Spotify to the Portable from the Bose Music app when the SoundTouch 30 is plugged in? Or does this not work either?

Do you have any Spotify playlists set as presets on either of the speakers? If so, do the presets work when the app does not?

What I would recommend we try next, would be removing and re-adding your Spotify account to the Bose Music app and the SoundTouch app.

On Bose Music, you would do this by going to your 'My Bose' page and selecting the icon of the person in the circle in the top right-hand corner. This will open your account settings and have an option for 'Manage Music Services'. Select Spotify from the list, then remove account. You can then re-add Spotify from this menu.

On SoundTouch you would do this by going to the menu > settings > music services > Spotify > [your account] then selecting remove. You can then re-add Spotify from the 'music services'

menu.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Keith, 

Prior to my reply on your spotify query would like to highlight that you never responded on my Portable Home Speaker battery discharge (query 1)

Here below my response on query about spotify: 

When you are trying to connect to the Portable Home Speaker on the Spotify app, does it show up in the list of available speakers but you are unable to choose it, or does it not show in the list at all? Yes. I can see the status as "connecting" for more than a  hour.

Also, are you able to play Spotify to the Portable from the Bose Music app when the SoundTouch 30 is plugged in? Or does this not work either? Same  as above 

Do you have any Spotify playlists set as presets on either of the speakers? If so, do the presets work when the app does not? Yes, but not playing though I select the preset.

What I would recommend we try next, would be removing and re-adding your Spotify account to the Bose Music app and the SoundTouch app.  : I did but the same status but If remove sountouch from power everything is working fine, but fyi. my soundtouch is connecting without any issue.

Highlighted

Hello Suresh, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Is there anything specific in your setup that hasn't been noted? e.g, static IP addresses? range extenders etc? You mentioned the Portable only appears to work when the SoundTouch is disconnected from power. Is there anything that is being shared that may be causing an overlap? 

As a means of testing, have you tried factory resetting the SoundTouch speaker to see if this makes a difference? (I understand you are not having issues with the SoundTouch speaker, but please try this for troubleshooting purposes.) 

With regard to your first query, Lithium-Ion batteries will never remain fully charged. If you remove the speaker from power it is going to gradually discharge over time. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Jeff.

I dont find any changes with and without wireless extender.

I did uninstalled and reinstalled all the  apps : Soundtouch, Bose Music and Spotify . But the status remains the same.

Regarding battery  discharge surprise to hear this cause    my QC35II battery is not draining even after 3days

Tnx