Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Portable Home speaker cannot connect to Spotify anymore

Hello

I got a Portable Home speaker last year which was working fine with spotify connect, both from the Bose Android app and from the Spotify Android app.

Suddenly the connection became not possible between spotify and the speaker.

When I go to the Bose app, I can see my speaker but when launching music from the spotify tab, I can see it's processing but nothing happens, no music at all.

When I go to Spotify from my Android phone or from my computer, I can still see my speaker but selecting it does nothing, no music from the speaker.

With amazon music it works well.

I tried to reset the speaker, to reinstall the Bose app, to log off from spotify... nothing changed.

It's very annoying.

I have another Portable Home speaker which works perfectly and can connect to spotify.

When I launch music with this one and group with my speaker having issues, the music is playing from both speakers.

The fact is that sometimes I want to use only my first speaker and not both at the same time.

It's very annoying.

Could you please help?

Thanks a lot

Best.

8 REPLIES 8
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Re: Portable Home speaker cannot connect to Spotify anymore

Sorry just realized i posted in the wrong section. Could you move my post to "Smart Home" ?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello Camou, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are unable to get Spotify to play through your Portable Home Speaker. 

Have you removed and re-added your Spotify account in the Bose Music app?

Are you able to use other WiFi services with your speaker?

Do let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Hello

Thanks for replying. Yes I had tried everything, removing spotify from the Bose app. I have not tried with another wifi service as I have only one at home...

But.... Very weirdly it decided to work again yesterday without any special action on my side.

I hope it won't occur again 😕

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Camou. Thanks for the update.

Happy to hear you're back up and running.

In the unlikely event that the issue returns, our next recommendation would be to perform a factory reset on the speaker, as you've already attempted some good other steps. You'll find the steps for that HERE. Then, re-connect the speaker to the Bose Music app.

Do keep us posted if anything changes!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2015

I am having a very same thing with Spotify. They used to work fine and now it doesn't work on any of my speakers. I have 12 speakers throughout my house can I use the Bose app and every other service works just fine. I removed Spotify and reinstalled it and the Bose app acknowledges it. It shows I have an account in Spotify and allows me to see my playlist in Spotify but nothing plays

Highlighted

Hi Drtom355,

As the signal to play Spotify does not seem to be getting through to any of your speakers, the next thing I would recommend doing is a reboot of your router. Disconnect it from the power and leave it unplugged for at least 1 minute before reconnecting to the power.

If after doing this you do still have issues playing Spotify, it is possible that a firewall or VPN could be stopping the commands from going through correctly. Try disabling any of these you have temporarily and see if the issue persists.

Let me know ho you get on with this!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2015

The reboot of the router worked. Thank you. 

Highlighted

That's great to hear Drtom355!

As this has done the trick, can you please mark this as resolved to help any other users who need help with this?

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the future!