Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Problem with Bose 500 Speaker+Spotify

Dear Support, I have the above speaker and randomly when I try to play music from Spotify i can see the logo and the LED is white kees and keeps moving right and left  and keeps doing that indefinetely without music playing.

In order, to solve that I need to restart Bose 500.

Then then problem is resolved for a while and randomly happens again.

I have factory resetting, remove Spotify but the problem is still there. 

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted

Re: Problem with Bose 500 Speaker+Spotify

Hello 03397, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I believe your system is trying to download an update. When downloading an update, the systems LED status bar will slide right to left. Once an update has downloaded, the system will then automatically update itself in the night. This is displayed by the LED status bar sliding left to right. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Thanks Vicky but the LED is going from center to both right and left simultaneously. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

I have noticed again the light and it is blinking white from end to end above Spotify logo and nothing happens. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

I am attaching a video url showing the issue

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L5DLV2asyRhhS8tU9

Highlighted

Hi 03397,

Thank you for providing that information. The video showing the lightbar status is very helpful.

The light that you see on the speaker, is what it shows when it is trying to play from a source on the app or connect to the internet.

When the Spotify logo stops showing on the screen does the light do anything different, or does it just turn off?

What I would recommend you do next is reboot your router. To do this what you would need to do is disconnect the router from the power for at least 30 seconds, then reconnect and let it power back on. Once the router is back up and the speaker has reconnected try playing from Spotify again.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

The light that can be seen it is when it is trying to play the Spotify source selected from the Android app.

The light never stops blinking but during the problem while the light is blinking if I select a station from TuneIn it plays with no problem. Afterwards, if I select something from Spotify the problem is still there. 

The router reboot does not solve anything. The only think that solves the issue is the reboot of the device

Highlighted

Hi 03397,

Thank you for the update.

Out of interest, are you using the Bose Music app or Spotify app and Spotify Connect to play to the speaker when you get this happening? Does it behave differently if you change how you start the Spotify stream?

The next step I would suggest you take, is uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose Music app from your phone. I would always recommend uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, then reinstalling the app when doing this.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Kind regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Hello Keith,

the problem occurs only when I am using Bose Music  for Spotify and Google Voice using again the same app.

This is happening from three different devices that have the Bose Music installed on.

At the time of the problem I can start the Spotify App, start a playlist and send this to the Bose speaker without any problem. But If I try to select this from the Bose app the problems appears.

I did the uninstall/install think but this did not help.

Highlighted

Hi 03397,

Thank you for trying that and letting me know.

As this is happening from multiple devices when trying to control the speaker, it does seem less likely that it is specific to the installation of the app on your device. It does seem like this is more likely to be caused by something in your local network.

Do you have any firewalls in place on your router? If you do, try disabling them or setting them to the lowest security and see if the speaker is able to play Spotify correctly then. If this does work, then it would be the firewall stopping the correct communication between the speaker and the app.

We do have other recommended settings for your router that I will post at the bottom of this message. Depending on how comfortable you are with your router, you can make these changes yourself, or you can get in touch with your local support team to help you set this up.  Thanks for posting. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how this goes.

Recommended router settings.

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.