Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Problem with Bose Spotify Connect after iOS 13 update

On my iPhone, I have Spotify Premium Account, both as iOS App. and also as authorized Music Service in my Bose Music Account.

Most of the time, I used to play Spotify on my Soundbar 500 not from Bose Music App. but directly from the iOS App. on the iPhone. Even Bose Music recommends doing it, using Spotify as a remote, through Spotify Connect.

Before iOS 13 update, everything was fine and Bose Soundbar 500 was visible as “Spotify Connect” option in my Spotify Device List, so all I had to do is select it from the list as Spotify Connect.

After iOS 13 update, Bose Soundbar 500 disappeared from the Spotify Device List. The only way to play Spotify on Bose Soundbar is to choose the Airplay&Bluetooth in Spotify Device List and then select the Bose Soundbar, but the quality is inferior to Spotify connect.

The only way to force the appearance of the Bose Soundbar into the Spotify Device List is to start to play a song into the Spotify of the Bose Music App. and, during playback, change to Spotify App. of the iOS. But, even so, the Soundbar remains visible into Spotify Device only until the app is stopped.

Before iOS 13 update, Bose Soundbar 500 was permanently visible as Spotify Connect.

Unfortunately, Bose had such information from the iOS 13 Beta, but they did nothing and now we have troubles after the official iOS 13 release; I just hope is a small problem that can be fixed easily.

On the iPad, which has no iOS 13 update yet, everything is perfect, as it was on the iPhone, before iOS 13 update.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Problem with Bose Spotify Connect after iOS 13 update

Hello Danmarc,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, it's a shame that you are having difficulty with Spotify Connect and the Soundbar 500. As this is a third party application being used with our Soundbar I would not be able to provide any in-depth troubleshooting for you and for more accurate information I would suggest contacting Spotify as they will be able to assist you further. In the meantime, there are a few simple troubleshooting steps that I can suggest for you to try that might help with this, you should reboot your router, reboot the device you are using the app on, uninstall and reinstall Spotify. If none of these steps work then it might also be helpful to try another device with the Spotify app to connect to the Soundbar to see if the issue lies with the settings of the device.

I hope this helps, I am sorry I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion. 

Have a lovely day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Do not listen to any of the Bose mods. The smart speakers are suffering from a severe iOS 13 bug that renders the speaker nonfunctional. The volume slider does not work. This is in connection with Spotify, Sirius XM etc. It is entirely the Bose music app that is causing this. 

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Dear Zoe,

Thank you for the reply.

I doubt is a Spotify problem because Spotify within Bose Music is working OK.

The problem is not about Spotify, is about the visibility of the Soundbar into Spotify Device List, after iOS13 update. The one called Spotify Connect and that is recommended by Bose itself.

As long as this is working on the iPad (still on iOS12) and worked perfectly on the iPhone before iOS13 update, I think is a problem between Bose software and its integration within iOS 13.

Regarding your suggestions, I thank you but, really, I am not going to mess my entire network (router reboot!!!) for this.

Hello Danmarc, 

The Spotify used within the Bose Music app is monitored by us, so we have control over it. 

I would urge you to speak with Spotify about this issue as they may be able to help. In the meantime, a router reboot is a quick and easy step. All you need to do is unplug your router, wait 60 seconds and plug it back in. We have seen many users have great success in resolving bugs after firmware updates by doing this. 

I hope that you get this resolved! 😊

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Router reboot did nothing.

Sorry.

Hi Danmarc, 

Thank you for keeping us up to date. 

I'm sorry to hear that the Router reset was not successful. 

As your speaker and Spotify connect were working correctly with iOS 12, we can safely say that you are not experiencing an issue with your Soundbar 500, which is great news.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to assist you further with this issue. However, I have noticed that the Spotify forum does have a lot of activity regarding this issue with its customers and their Smart speakers. I have included a LINK HERE to the forum and encourage you to take a look as this may be beneficial to you. 

I hope you have a great day! If you have any further questions you know where to find us! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Highlighted
Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Thank you.

Erdu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Hi, I have likely the same problem. I do see my Bose soundbar 700 as spotify connect option, both in the bose music app and spotify app. But it will not connect. 

It says: spotify connect is not active on this device.

For me, it sounds more like a Bose problem than a Spotify problem.  Have you any updates coming?

BR

Erik

Noam1984
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2017

Since IOS 13 UG required of my Soundtouch 300 I have music freeze while using spotify Every few min. Simply unbelievable such basic tests/bugs are not found by your QA . This is a pure Bose issue. Let us know once solved BOSE team... lets hope for better UGs next time...