Rickm1970
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2021

Re: Product Lifecycle of Bose 700

I do not disagree with your post at all. I did end up getting the 700 this weekend. It does sound great for streaming video. Now if I can just figure out how to get DTS or 5.1 to get to it from my 4K blue ray player. I am using arc for audio and video but it doesn’t seem to pass through the tv. Blue ray player seems to think it is a 2 channel device. Any ideas there?

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Product Lifecycle of Bose 700

@Rickm1970 wrote:

I do not disagree with your post at all. I did end up getting the 700 this weekend. It does sound great for streaming video. Now if I can just figure out how to get DTS or 5.1 to get to it from my 4K blue ray player. I am using arc for audio and video but it doesn’t seem to pass through the tv. Blue ray player seems to think it is a 2 channel device. Any ideas there?

Check your pass through/output settings in the TV. The pass through problems may be a limitation of the HDMI cable. You need series 1.4 or higher. The other limitation may be the TV itself. 

I have completely abandoned all optical media for movies and music. Relying on streaming only these days. I don’t have a big Blue Ray Disk library as I bought a BD disc player on the eve streaming. Something you might want to consider.