Highlighted
hruday
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Product activation failed error coming on Bose Home Speaker 500

Product activation failed error coming on Bose Home Speaker 500 after connected to wifi network.

I tried resting to factory defaults the bose home 500, reinstalled the music app several times, but no success.

Bose...please help

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Product activation failed error coming on Bose Home Speaker 500

Hello hruday,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are unable to activate your Home Speaker 500. 

Would you be able to reboot your router? You can do this by unplugging the router from power for 30 seconds and then wait for it to start back up and try to reconnect your Home Speaker 500.

Get back to me with the results of this troubleshooting.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

kent lin
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2019

same proble, I rebboot many time

Hi Kent Lin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Have you attempted to use another device? Also please ensure that you don't have Wi-Fi assist enabled on your device. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

lamuel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Hello

I have a home speaker 450. My bose music app says 'product activation failed'. I have tried unplugging it for thirty seconds, rebooting it, and even replaced it but i still have the same problem.

Thx

Hey lamuel, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear that you are unable to activate your speaker and would love to assist you with this. 

Can you please start by letting me know the region that you are currently located in as well as where you purchased the speaker from? 

Let's try testing the speaker with another device to see if the same issue persists, as well as ensuring that both the Home Speaker 450 and device are on the same network settings. We should also perform the same reset that you did to the product, to your internet router by disconnecting it from power for around 30 seconds. 

If you have another network in your house then please do also try testing on that router. 

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other users that may be experiencing this issue. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

lamuel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

I live in the northwest United States, I bought the speaker from Costco. I have tried activating it with different devices but it still says the same thing. i also tried reseting the router

Hello lamuel,

Thank you for getting back to us with this information. 

Could you please try manually updating the speaker by following the steps on this guide Manually updating your speaker

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

lamuel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

I just tried it, still doesn't work

Hello lamuel, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to hear that the steps did not resolve this issue for you. 

Let's try to look at your internet router settings to ensure that there isn't anything that could be stopping the speaker from activating, can you please ensure that your router is set to the following: 

• UPnP: Enable
  • Multicast: Enable
  • IGMP: Enable
  • Wireless Isolation: Disable
  • IGMP Proxy: Disable
  • IGMP Snooping: Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode: Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS: Disable
  • WAN IP Blocking: Disable

If you are unsure of how to adjust these settings please do reach out to our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B