Purchase decision - Bose Soundbar, Bass module and surround speaker system

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Purchase decision - Bose Soundbar, Bass module and surround speaker system

I have decided to purchase a Bose Soundbar, Bass Module and surround speaker system, but need help in deciding the right combination / set up for my room configuration / furniture.

I am pretty much decided now to get the 700 Soundbar and would prefer to get the 700 bass module.  However given my room / furniture arrangement I could only place the 700 bass module in a rear corner of the room.  I can however fit the 500 bass module at the front of the room next to the media Cabinet (TV / Soundbar on top).  Would the bass 500 perform better so much better at the front than a 700 at the back that it would overall outweigh the power advantage of the 700?

Would it make a difference if I was to  hard wire the 700 bass module at the rear of the room (I have an existing subwoofer wired connection).

Also I could only fit the surround speakers in a shelf cabinet against the back wall  - behind the viewing  position above ear height but not equidistant from the tv kine of sight and only a few feet apart.  Would it still be worth getting these speakers or do they need to be further apart and either side of the TVs line of sight.

Grateful for advice and comments before I make my purchase decision.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Colly64

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Re: Purchase decision - Bose Soundbar, Bass module and surround speaker system

The SW700 is far superior to the 500 and will perform well in a rear corner, or any corner. However dependent on the room dimensions whilst you will get good Bass you are likely to hear a bias towards the rear which can be disconcerting that is why ideally it should be placed nearer Soundbar/TV . Regarding surround speakers. To achieve a spacial sound they need to be further apart than you suggest ie wider than the viewing location and equidistant from the soundbar as there is no Left Right Balance on this system . However it may be possible to achieve good results with your positions by angling your speakers outwards to reflect from side walls to create the desired sound.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

The SW700 is far superior to the 500 and will perform well in a rear corner, or any corner. However dependent on the room dimensions whilst you will get good Bass you are likely to hear a bias towards the rear which can be disconcerting that is why ideally it should be placed nearer Soundbar/TV . Regarding surround speakers. To achieve a spacial sound they need to be further apart than you suggest ie wider than the viewing location and equidistant from the soundbar as there is no Left Right Balance on this system . However it may be possible to achieve good results with your positions by angling your speakers outwards to reflect from side walls to create the desired sound.

Audible Advocate

Thanks for that advice - much appreciated.