Highlighted
NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Random Popping Noise from AM300 Bass Module

Hello Bose,

i have SB700+AM300+Surround Speaker’s setup. Connected to Sony KD-55XE8577via ARC.

Only when listening to music e.g Deezer, Tidal or any other streaming services  , i hear sometimes popping sound out of AM300. It is random and it is there now and then. 

i have tried new restart and resetting procedures what normally we do. But no success. But i am afraid that is coming sometime, is there any issues with voice coil or something in speaker assembly in when moving at particular frequencies, hitting each other and creating or Bose do you have other theories. 

please help to solve. 

3 REPLIES 3
supermario
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

Re: Random Popping Noise from AM300 Bass Module

Hey, I used to have this issue when I first got my system setup (SB700, BM700 and invisible300 surround). It was really annoying and happened randomly using any service. It has to do with interference between your wirelessly connected Bass Module and other wireless devices. The way I got around this was to switch my wireless router / mesh network nodes on other wireless channels. There are multiple posts about this issue where you might find another solution that works for you (moving your wireless devices away from the SB/BM.)

NRC
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Thanks supermario. 

How to  switch wireless router / mesh network nodes on other wireless channels?

can please give details 

supermario
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

Hey, this is not something I can easily answer for you as it all depends on your router. Most router's settings can be changed by accessing the user interface by typing the address in your browser (typically something like 192.168.x.x). This information is usually on your router. You should look for a button or tab that links to your wireless settings / wireless antenna. You're looking at changing the channels for your 5 Ghz antenna. (You can change the channel on your 2.4 Ghz antenna too, but I think the SB uses 5 Ghz, I may be wrong here...)

If you have any wireless devices close to your bass module in between your SB and BM, move that device away if possible.

Also, depending on your setup and if you have a double ended male 3.5 mm connector, you could just connect your BM directly to your SB to bypass this issue.

There are similar posts to this one where you might find your answer.

Check out https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home-Archive/Bose-Bass-Module-700-popping-fluttering/m-p/187132

Cheers