Highlighted
timic998
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Right rear speaker crackling...

Right rear speaker crackling at lower sound ... with soundbar 700 ans bass module. I have unplug everything and replug everything after two hours and nothing change .crackling again. Im very very very boring!!!

8 REPLIES 8
ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Right rear speaker crackling...

@timic998 wrote:

Right rear speaker crackling at lower sound ... with soundbar 700 ans bass module. I have unplug everything and replug everything after two hours and nothing change .crackling again. Im very very very boring!!!

Did you try to swap Right/Left speakers (use the switch on the adapter)

If you get the crackling sound on the same speaker after the swap, just go and return them for a new pair. It’s probably faulty.

Hi there @timic998 !

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry to hear of the audio crackling you've experienced here and would be happy to look into this for you.

Firstly, thanks to @ThierryB for the suggestion regarding swapping the speakers over! If you find that the crackling audio is linked to a single speaker rather than the position of the speaker, and you have checked that the cables are connected securely, please reach out to Bose Support for service by clicking here, selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed.

If you find that the crackling is linked to  the location where your right speaker would go, please re-position the receiver box for that speaker and check to see if this is consistent then. If you find that moving this improves your audio, then this may be an indicator that the original position had a poor connection to the soundbar.

Again, if you find that re-positioning, re-pairing and ensuring that the cables are seated securely, then I would advise that you reach out to support for service on the receiver.

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on, and if you need any help re-pairing these!

Liam W - Community Support

timic998
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

I try everything switch left to right on speaker adapter and  switch only the speaker left to right my conclusion the speaker are broken ... 

Hello timic998,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that you have had no luck with any of the troubleshooting suggested. Just to confirm when you swapped the speakers over did either of the speakers work in their swapped positions? Once switched back was it still just the rear speaker that is getting a crackling sound?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

timic998
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

I interchange the wire crackling continued
and then I interchange the adapter and
the crackling continued on the rear right.
then I only change the speaker from left
to right. after that the crackling was
Rear left

Hello timic998,

Thanks for getting back to me, thank you for clarifying that for me. It appears this would be an issue with the speaker then and I would recommend calling the customer care team in your area as they will be able to assist you further with this.

I am sorry I have not been able to assist you further with this, should you need anything else then please get in touch. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C  

timic998
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

I have change my rear speaker for a new surround 700 but i have a new problem... when i make the soundtest. When the test play a song a rear left its the the rear right play and when the the soundtest play a song at rear right its the rear left work.. i have verify on the adapter if the left and right switch is ok and everything its okay 

Hello timic998, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

That certainly is unusual. Have you tried swapping the switches on the wireless receivers to see if this helps resolve the issue? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G