BennyS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

SA-5 with freespace 51

Hi
I connected both parts.
It is working fine.
The only thing is that I raised the volume almost till the middle but the volume is very low. Only from then it will start affecting the speakers. What can be the reason for it?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SA-5 with freespace 51

Hi BennyS, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

This is certainly a strange issue. I would first recommend checking all of your connections to make sure everything is securely in place. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, try moving the connections on the SA5 to the other port and test again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

BennyS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for the answer.

I double checked the connections and it is fine.
Changed to B port and the same.
Raising the volume and nothing is heard till around 40-50% of the volume.
What else can it be?
Thank you
Benny

Hello @BennyS , and thanks for getting back to us!

My suggestions at this point are based on the source(s) that you are using for the SA-5.

If this is only occurring with one input source, then I would recommend the following: 

-If the connected device has a variable audio output, adjust the volume level to 80 percent of its maximum. This typically sends a strong signal without distortion. If there is a volume-limiting feature, be sure it is turned off.

-Reset your product by turning the product off, unplugging the power cord from the power outlet, and waiting 3 minutes. Then, reconnect the power cord and retest the system.

-If this is a computer/AUX source, check the volume levels for the operating system/media application you are using, ensuring that these are also set to the maximum!

-If this is a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi source, please switch to an AUX source and then swap back, as this will force this to reconnect and establish the connection again. Please also check the EQ settings if this is Bluetooth!

Please get back to me to let me know how the above goes, and/or if you have any questions at all!

Liam W 

BennyS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hi Liam,
I don't have another input except to playing via the sound touch application on my smartphone. I also tried to play YouTube via their Bluetooth from the smartphone but the result is the same.
- Where can I find the EQ setting of the mobile?
- I also tried to switch to AUX 1 and go back to sound touch but same results.

Btw, i also have the SB 700 and use the bose music with it with the same mobile and the sound there behave normally...

Any other direction will be welcome!
Thanks
Benny

Hi again @BennyS !

The EQ settings on an android device are usually found within "Settings"-->"Sound and Notification" , followed by "Equaliser/Audio Effects".

There are no direct EQ settings for iOS devices without the usage of an equaliser app, or the equaliser settings within music apps.

If you're still having issues, I would advise getting in touch with support in your local region directly. This can be done by clicking HERE, selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions!

Liam W