Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

SB 700 is dead after firmware 5-0-12 issue

I bought SB 700 online from Bose along with accessories Bass module and surround speaker.

2 months ago suddenly both accessories got disconnect and never able to pair them back, did everything I found here in community or suggested by Bose support.

Bose support team asked me to send them over for debugging, and I am still waiting for them to send a box and shipping receipt:-(

Now the last remaining Soundbar dies after fw 5.0.12 update, first the update couldn't finish in 3 days (over the weekend and I checked while leaving home that update started.Then I tried to first stop the update , reset everything else but whenever I start my SB it get stuck at Software update and after sometime shows solid amber light.

how can you do this Bose, what's next make it clear atleast tell us how can we recover from here or return our money back [Moderated]

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: SB 700 is dead after firmware 5-0-12 issue

Hello Ashish.tomar,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your Soundbar 700 and accessories, in regards, to the label you are waiting for I would encourage you to reach out to us via telephone or via our social media accounts as we can easily get the label re-sent out to you if there has been an error. As for the Soundbar not updating correctly, in this instance, I would suggest trying to push a manual update to the system. 

To update system software using a computer and a USB cable, follow these steps:

1. On a computer, open an internet browser and go to worldwide.bose.com/support/SB700FW
  2. When prompted, save the product_update.zip file. (Tip: If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Look for file in a browser notification or in the Downloads folder)
  3. Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the SERVICE jack on the back of your product
  4. Reboot your product by disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds:
    • While rebooting, the light bar on the front of the product pulses white
    • Once rebooted, the light bar turns off
  5. On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Skip Back buttons for 5 seconds: The light bar on the soundbar glows white, then turns off when you release the buttons
  6. In a web browser, go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  7. Select Choose File, and select the update file downloaded earlier
  8. Click UPLOAD, then wait while the update is installed

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support