SB 700 universal remote issues with Sony kd-43x800e

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

SB 700 universal remote issues with Sony kd-43x800e

Hey. I require some assistance. I could not pick up my tx via the app until I added the model. Now the app says it’s connected but my universal remote does not operate my tv. Any advise?

6 REPLIES 6
Quiet Contributor

Re: SB 700 universal remote issues with Sony kd-43x800e

I notice if I walk right up to the tv then it works but as soon as I move 2ft back it doesn’t work anymore....

Hello Reinard, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues using the universal remote control. 

From your description, it sounds like the remote may be communicating with the television via IR. Is the soundbar directly in front of the TV? Could it be blocking the IR receiver on front of the TV? 

I look forward to hearing from you. If anyone has had a similar experience, please feel free to join in the conversation!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi Jeff

i have moved the soundbar to all different locations but no luck. the remote is not working if i sit down to watch tv. the only time it works is when i walk right up to the tv about 2 feet from the tv. its a bit dissapointing operating 2 remotes.

Hi Reinard, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I would highly recommend that you ensure that you have HDMI-CEC enabled if you are connected via HDMI. 

You can ensure that you have this enabled via opening the Bose Music App > Settings > Power > Advanced CEC > On or Alternate! I will also recommend that you replace the batteries to ensure that they aren't causing any issues. The IR emitters are located on the front sides of the Soundbar so if there is anything that could be causing interferance please do move it. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Hector

im connected via an optical cable. i have replaced all the bateries with new ones. and there is nothing infront of the sb. any other suggestions?

Hi @Reinard and thanks for getting back in touch! 

At this point, I would recommend that you get in touch with your local support to get a replacement remote here as this behaviour is not normal.

To do this, please click here, select your country/region, and navigate to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed.

Please follow up when you can!

Liam W