Highlighted
David1973
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

SB700 setup / Bose Music app crashing

Hello,

I have just purchased a SB700 Soundbar and Bass Module. I have downloaded the Bose Music app and logged in. The app finds my SB700 and then when trying to connect, the app keeps crashing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have unplugged and replugged the speaker back in. Still no joy. Any help please? 

For info, I am using an HDMI cable for connection to Samsung smart TV. Although its the app that keeps crashing.

37 REPLIES 37
Benjamin Dann
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Re: SB700 setup / Bose Music app crashing

Hi,

i have the same problem. I recently installed iOS 13. Could it be that there are some incompatibility problems with the new iOS version?

David1973
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Yes quite possibly - shame as I now have a 1,500 euro paper weight! The sound bar works but without any setup, so at least that's something. My Bass unit won't connect as the main setup hasn't been done 😞

Benjamin Dann
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

That’s good to know. I haven’t tried yet if it works without any setup. However, as you said it, for this price it should work without problems. Just curious Can you connect with AirPlay?

Nevertheless, I will call custom service tomorrow morning. In case they can help me I will let you know as soon as possible.

David1973
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

I can Airplay to the TV and the speaker works. Basically, the soundbar is just working as a direct plug in. I can't update the system, I cannot set up the Bose sound settings, I cannot get the Bass Module 700 to work as the main SB700 is not setup. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Hello Benjamin and  David, 

Thank you for messaging the community. I am sorry to hear that you are both experiencing issues with your Soundbar 700 Setup. 

When you state that the Bose Music app crashes, can you please elaborate on this? Does any error code come up on screen?

Have you attempted downloading the Bose Music app to another device to see if you can progress further into the setup?

I look forward to hearing from you. We would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support  

David1973
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Hello Tegan,

Thank you for your assistance. basically when I load the Bose Music app on my iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13, it ´sees´ the Soundbar but then when it tries to connect to it, the app searches for wifi networks, and then the app just stops and take men back to the Apple homescreen. No error messages, nothing. I have tried re-installing the app, and also unplugging the speaker and trying again. Still no joy. It seems like an app issue to me.

Many thanks,

David

Hello David1973,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are still having difficulty with the Bose Music app, it sounds like you have already tried some great troubleshooting. I recommend pushing a manual update to the Soundbar 700. You can find out how to update the Soundar 700 HERE

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Benjamin Dann
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Hi David,

hi Zoe,

thanks again Davis for the info. 
Just for both of you to know, my bose  music app crashes exactly the same way as in David’s case. I will try to do the manual update tonight, but can that really cause the app on my cellphone to crash?

David1973
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Hi Zoe,

I have tried opening the "http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html" site on both Safari and on Chrome, but neither will open this page... is it the correct address? M y computer is a MacBook Pro, so don't know if that affects things.

I have saved the product_update folder to my desktop.

Awaiting further news!

Thanks

David