Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

SOURCE ERROR WITH SOUNDBAR 700 WITH SONY XBR55HX929 AND PHILIPS HUE SYNC BOX

SOUNDBAR 700

United States

Firmware: 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

App version: 4.2.4

Devices connected to Soundbar: Sony XBR55HX929, Philips Hue Sync Box, Comcast DVR box and Apple TV (4K)

Ever since, I set up my Philips Sync Box to my living room set up, the Soundbar 700 have been randomly flashing the amber 4 times, which indicates a source error. This occurs mostly when the source is from the Comcast DVR box. It also occur when I stream a movie or a show via the Apple TV, but not as often as the Comcast DVR box. 

Sometime, the lights just flashes and nothing happen. Other times, the sound cuts in and out. 

The set up: 

All of my devices are connected to the Philips Sync Box via an HDMI cable. Then an HDMI cable is connected to the tv. Then an Optical Cable is connected to the Soundbar 700. 

Previously, all of my devices connected directly to the tv and an optical cable connects to the Soundbar 700 from the tv. I never had an issue with that set up. 

Since the set up. I've had this issue. Below is a list of things I've tried to resolve the issue, but little luck. Please help. 

1. Check all of the connections

2. Replace the optical cable with a new one

3. Hard reset of the soundbar and set it up as a new device

4. The next thing I'm going to try and do is bypass the sync box completely

However, is there something I am missing? Is my tv too old to support this setup? 

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L

Re: SOURCE ERROR WITH SOUNDBAR 700 WITH SONY XBR55HX929 AND PHILIPS HUE SYNC BOX

Hi Seattle_guy77,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

As the soundbar has only started having issues with your sources since you've added the Phillips Hue box into the setup, it would suggest that there is a setting on the Hue box that is causing the issue. Are there any settings on the Hue box that control audio formats or anything like this that could be changed? It would also be worth checking the audio format the TV is using when the Hue box is selected as if the TV and Hue box are conflicting over which audio format to use it would explain why you are having this issue with the audio. The soundbar can support Dolby Digita, DTS, and PCM 2.0 when using the optical cable, so you'll want to make sure that all of your devices, TV, Hue Box, and Cable Box, are all using one of these formats and preferably the same format.

It would also be useful to know if the audio cut-outs happen without the soundbar being connected. If you were to disconnect the soundbar from the TV and use the TV speakers instead, would the audio still cut out while watching the cable box?

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Seattle_guy77
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

Re: SOURCE ERROR WITH SOUNDBAR 700 WITH SONY XBR55HX929 AND PHILIPS HUE SYNC BOX

So, I’ve completely removed the Philips Hue Sync box and upgraded all of my HDMI cables to 4K gold plated (Monster and Rocketfish) between my devices, tv and the soundbar. Also, I’ve connected the soundbar via the HDMI Arc vs the optical input. The source error doesn’t occur as often, but it does happen when I turn the tv on and recently during a commercial break. This is extremely frustrating! Please help. 

I don’t any issues with the sound if I use the tv speakers.