Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Set up Google assistant for speaker 300 & speaker 500

I bought speaker 300 and speaker 500 to put in different room. I can set up google assisant in speaker 500 in my loung room, but I can set up in speaker 300. I can see both speakers are on the same network. 

Is it I can only set up google assistant in one speaker only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Set up Google assistant for speaker 300 & speaker 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cowper C

Hi Cowper C,

Sorry that you are having difficulty in connecting your Home Speaker 300 to Google Assistant.

Do you get any error messages at all in the set up process? This may be able to help us understand what is occurring here to provide the most relevant troubleshooting.

I look forward to hearing form you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cowper C

Hi Cowper C,

Sorry that you are having difficulty in connecting your Home Speaker 300 to Google Assistant.

Do you get any error messages at all in the set up process? This may be able to help us understand what is occurring here to provide the most relevant troubleshooting.

I look forward to hearing form you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

No error message. I used Bose Music app to set up, it just kept saying Google assistant is not set up yet, just bounced back to previous page.

Can I set up Goggle assistant with my Bose 500 which is working well, then set up with Bose 300 as my 2nd device?

Highlighted

Hello Cowper C, 

You can set Google Assistant up on both devices. Instructions for setup can be found here.

Please give this a try and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks.

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

I still can't set up Google assistance in Speaker 300 even I followed all the steps you suggested. The message is "Something Wrong. Incomplete Voice". "Looks like speaker 300 hasn't set up to use Google assistance".

I even reset both of the speakers to reinstalled Google assistance again & reset back to factory settings. I have no problem with Speaker 500, but still can't set up in 300.