Mira Vijay
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Settings not opening in Bose App

Hello,

I got a new Soundbar 700 and I have set it up to my TV! However, I am not able to open ‘Settings’ in the Bose music app for me to set up Universal Remote and other functions of Soundbar. 

Can you please help me? 

14 REPLIES 14
toddickson
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Re: Settings not opening in Bose App

I am having the same issue today.  I cannot see any settings for my Soundbar 700 in the Bose Music App.  As a result, I cannot pair my remote or setup any Voice Assistants

ngh5e
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I also reported it .. it's only a problem of the ios version, don't delete the soundbar from the profile otherwise you won't be able to set it anymore. Moderators are not responding.
my post is

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Music-app-Ios-3-3-4-ios-settings-form-problem/m-p/301630#M1... 

toddickson
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Thanks. That did the trick. Was able to get the app on an Android phone. Luckily we had an old one lying around. Not cool that Bose can’t get their iOS app working properly. 

ngh5e
Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I contacted telephone support, they didn't know the problem. You also report, the more 'we are before they will release a patch

Uanamaneni
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

It can be problem how you discovered sound bar from the app and activated it. i too got the same problem, but support engineer helped me resolve it buy doing factory reset.

Its not an IOS issue.

TimeBandit
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Same issue...can’t access settings for Soundbar 500. What was the fix?

thanks

aleber
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2020

I've got the same issue. Can someone told us how to fix it?

Do I have to remove the soundbar from the app and do a factory reset on the soundbar?

Thanks

Vicky_W

Hello everyone, 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the app. 

Can I please confirm you are running the latest version of the app? This can be checked in your app store. Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app at all? If so, does this happen across all devices running the app or just a particular one?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Pocket Mastermind
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2020

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried all the steps in all the threads on this subject and still the settings page is blank in the app. All other features in the app work. I’m baffled how this can still be an issue when these threads go back to the early part of the year. Has anyone from support engaged with the technical teams on this? How can a company like Bose let such an issue persist for so long???