Should I hear both stereo channels from smart speaker? (TuneIn streaming)

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer

Should I hear both stereo channels from smart speaker? (TuneIn streaming)

Noticed on an old CSNY song, I am missing the other half!  Should this be happening? Thanks in advance. --David

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Should I hear both stereo channels from smart speaker? (TuneIn streaming)

Hi Dwframe, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having issues with the songs that you are streaming via your speaker. 

Could you please confirm which speaker you have as well as if this is the only song that you have had this issue with? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if any other community members have had a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Wistful Whisperer

Hector,

I can't remember the name of the song, and I cannot pull it up from my DLNA server on the Smart Speaker.  If I could play my own music on this system, instead of being enslaved to the streaming services, it would be much easier to reproduce it.  Please ask the developers to allow their latest technology to play from private servers!  

It is a smart speaker 500.  The song I was referring to is CSNY, and I cannot remember the name, but it is one that is clearly stereo in that it uses call-and-response back and forth through the left and right channels. The other song that I remember issues with is Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze.  It seems like there is only one channel of the stereo coming though, on both of these songs.  This is through TuneIn Radio. 

Thanks for looking into this for me.

David

Hi dwframe, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I appreciate the feedback and will forward this onto the development team for you! Do you have this issue when attempting to stream these songs via a different platform to the speaker? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and if any other community members have also experienced this please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Wistful Whisperer

I find it difficult to recreate this, since I have to wait for the song to come up on a streaming service.  If you would allow me to use my own server, I could choose the song and play it.  Since I cannot, we will have to wait for it to come arround.  My musical tastes vary greatly, so it may take some time.  --David

Hello dwframe, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The Home Speaker 500 is a stereo system with left and right firing speakers. There should be no issues with stereo reproduction. 

Can you please confirm if the music is from a legitimate source? Some songs may be mixed in mono, and therefore the same signal will be produced by both the left and the right speakers. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Wistful Whisperer

It is really difficult for me to confirm the source material from streaming services.  I know that my personal copies are in stereo, not mixed down.  I cannot confirm that the songs that are coming through TuneIn Radio or from another streaming service are of the same quality.  Again, if I had the capability of using my own DLNA server for music, I could get guaranteed high-quality content and select music that I own and control.  Please make it so we can use our own content on these devices!  --David Frame

Hello dwframe,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Thanks for your feedback. I cannot guarantee if this feature would be implemented in the future, but to clarify, my previous point, the Home Speaker 500 is a stereo speaker so stereo imaging is fully possible.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G