Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Shuffle mode in spotify playlists on the preset buttons on my HS500

In the preset buttons I have a spotify playlist but when I press any button, the music in the list always plays in the same order and I have to use the bose application or open spotify to choose the shuffle mode.

How can I set up playlists in shuffle mode so that when I use the preset buttons I can play the playlist in shuffle order without using my phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Shuffle mode in spotify playlists on the preset buttons on my HS500

Author Accepted Answer selected by earm57

Hi earm57,

You can indeed set up your Spotify playlists to shuffle from your presets button. How this works with Spotify is it remembers what setting shuffle was set to previously, so if you were using shuffle the last time you were using Spotify, then a playlist started as a preset will also shuffle. If you had shuffle turned off when you last used Spotify, the playlist will start from the beginning when you press the preset button.

If you do like to switch between shuffling and playing albums/playlists in order and want to do this without using the app, you can also start the playlist shuffling by using the voice assistant after starting the playlist. I tend to go for this method with Alexa on my system as I like to switch between playing in order and shuffling quite a lot depending on what playlist/album I have on, so it's easier than trying to remember whether I had set Spotify to shuffle previously or not.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Shuffle mode in spotify playlists on the preset buttons on my HS500

Author Accepted Answer selected by earm57

Hi earm57,

You can indeed set up your Spotify playlists to shuffle from your presets button. How this works with Spotify is it remembers what setting shuffle was set to previously, so if you were using shuffle the last time you were using Spotify, then a playlist started as a preset will also shuffle. If you had shuffle turned off when you last used Spotify, the playlist will start from the beginning when you press the preset button.

If you do like to switch between shuffling and playing albums/playlists in order and want to do this without using the app, you can also start the playlist shuffling by using the voice assistant after starting the playlist. I tend to go for this method with Alexa on my system as I like to switch between playing in order and shuffling quite a lot depending on what playlist/album I have on, so it's easier than trying to remember whether I had set Spotify to shuffle previously or not.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post