Highlighted
kfjones1967
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Sirius on SoundTouch SA-5 not working correctly since Sirius XM upgrade

I have several SoundTouch SA-5 amps and primarily listen to Sirius XM (via internet) through the Bose SoundTouch interface.  All of my SA-5's are wired connections to my broadband router.  For the last could of weeks, the Sirius XM service through the SA-5's comes and goes.  There are times when it will stop playing and start playing a different song; very strange.   This past weekend it would start playing and then after a few minutes quit all together.  If I play TuneIn radio or play content stored on a local audio server, the SA-5's perform flawlessly.  My internet connection is Fiber to the Home with 100M up / 100M down.  When I test the connection, the connection tests very close to the 100M / 100M mark.  I have tried using the iphone SiriusXM app and it works without problems.  This problem seemed to start after Sirius XM changed their app.   I have done the routine troubleshooting things like rebooting the router, access points, GbE switch and SA-5's without any improvement for Sirius XM throught the SA-5.   Any thoughts of what might be going on? 

18 REPLIES 18
kjetton
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Sirius on SoundTouch SA-5 not working correctly since Sirius XM upgrade

I 100% agree with your description/situation and for me it started immediately upon the push/release of the new SirusXM app with more Pandora stuff......My SA-5 is also wired (not fiber but 1 step down) and have been experienced the exact same issues......strange songs, mis-matched songs being displayed and shortly after a song starts - the 1302 error code is thrown....upon me re-selecting the same channel or a different channel - the same thing occurs or worse....NO channels are available to play at all.....However, for whatever reason, the Volume channel plays OK but that is mostly talk and not that much music (strange).

I was on the phone with Bose Tech Support for 30mins after waiting on hold for 30mins prior......they had me un-install SirusXM as a service via the SA-5 iphone app and then re-install it.....the problem still continued (all Fri night 7/12) and is still occurring as of yesterday .....I had to abandon ship for the time being and listen to music via Amazon Music or iHeart Radio stations sadly.....and still VERY frustrated.    The tech told me to stand by/wait for any alerts or updates on the matter/issue and the resolution and I'm still waiting but who knows when or if it will be resolved and how we will find out other than try it from time-to-time.

craig.breigle@moodmedia.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Having the same issue!    Sure seems like Bose didn't coordinate the XM/Sirius App Updates and now everyone with the Sound Touch product lineup for using XM/Sirius is out of luck.    Silence and ignorance from Bose on this so far!    I hear the transition with Sonos was flawless.   Wish I had gone that route.   Alas, I have an empire of ST products now.      Bose??    Where are you!!??

Hi kfjones1967 and kjetton, 

Thanks for posting and making us aware of this issue. I am very sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this and would love to help resolve this. 

Firstly, Can you please confirm that both your devices that are running the SoundTouch App are on the same internet network as the SA-5. I would also recommend that you both reset your internet router as well as resetting the AMP. This can be done via: 

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 3 minutes
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

I understand that you have already rebooted your router @kfones1967 and would also recommend that you also reboot your product. @Craig.breigle I would also recommend that you attempt the steps that have been listed above and update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Yes, my app device is on the same network as the Sound Touch device as it always has been.   I have various Sound Touch products ( 10's, 20, SA-5, wireless link adaptor, etc.) across a couple of my properties.   Having the same issue across every device!

Hi Craig, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I will pass this onto the development team to investigate further and will update you as soon as I know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Reset of Router and Sound Touch Device(s) did not result in any changes.

This sure looks like an issue of Bose not being in synch with Sirius/XM when they updated their platform last week.    The issue began at the same time!

Hi Craig.breigle,

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I have passed this information onto the development team to investigate this further. We will update the community as soon as we know more regarding this. I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. We appreciate your patience regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

bbailey72
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

I'm experiencing the same problem with a Soundtouch 30, 20, portable and a 10 at work.

Hello bbailey72,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your SiriusXM too after the upgrade. The issues have been passed to the development team for investigation, as soon as we have any updates for users we will inform the community.

Should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C