spiceke
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

Sky Q remote to control Soundbar 300

My Sky Q remote will not operate my new Soundbar 300.

I have tried 'pairing' via the set-up but this doesn't work.

Many thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: Sky Q remote to control Soundbar 300

Hey Spiceke, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, I will be more than happy to help you! 

Can you confirm if you are looking to program your Bose remote to control your Sky Q box? Or the other way around? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
spiceke
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

I want to use my Sky Q remotes.

Neither the Bluetooth or IR remotes work to operate Soundbar - I have gone into the settings by pressing 1 & 3 on the remotes - none of the codes work

Also, the WiFi has now permanently dropped out

And the Soundbar does not operate the TV

I am about to send it back as it appears, at first glance, a heap of junk that doesn't do what it advertises

spiceke
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

And I forgot - the auto wake up doesn't work either (will not activate by pressing the power button on the Bose remote for 5 second)

Remind me again why I paid £399 for this?

Keith_L

Hi spiceke,

Thanks for clarifying that for us!

When using a 3rd party remote to control the Smart Soundbar 300, the remote does need to be able to control other devices using IR signals, if your Bluetooth remote is only able to use Bluetooth to control other devices then it would not work with the soundbar. You do not need to change any settings on your system to use a 3rd party universal remote. but you do need to be sure the IR remote control sensor on the front, left-hand side of your soundbar is not blocked.

If you are struggling to program the remotes to control the soundbar, it would be best to reach out to Sky as they will know more about the tricks for programming their remotes and be able to help you with this further!

To double-check with you, is this the Smart Soundbar 300 you have, or our SoundTouch 300? If you are unsure which model you have, this can be double-checked using the Find Your Product section of our support page HERE. The reason I ask is the steps for making sure the speaker is online, working correctly with the TV, and enabling auto-wake are different for the two soundbars.

Also, how do you have your soundbar connected to the TV, are you using the optical connection or the HDMI-ARC connection? 

If you can let me know the answer to these questions, then I'm sure we'll be able to get the soundbar up and running correctly!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
spiceke
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

Re the remotes - neither the bluetooth NOR the IR remotes work. Of course the line of sight between the Remote and the Soundbarbar is not blocked

It is a Smart Soundbar 300

Was connected via Optical connection, but I have now changed it to HDMI-ARC

Yet again the Wifi continuously drops out and then the App does not recognise the Soundbar and it needs to be set-up all over again - very tiresome. The Router is within 15 feet of the Soundbar and it has clear line of sight.