Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2015

Sleep Timer & Alarm Clock

Still wondering if these functions will be implemented in the new smart home speakers.  The Airplay 2 update is great but I'd like to wake up to my own music or even NPR rather than some obnoxious generic alarm.  I can do this easily with an Amazon Echo Spot.  Not at all with a Bose 500.  Any chance of seeing this capability in the near future?  Actually what I want is something like the SoundTouch Wave IV with capabilities similar to the new smart home series.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sleep Timer & Alarm Clock

Hi Mbwelchutah, 

Thanks for your post and we appreciate the feedback! 

I can for sure pass this onto our development team as a feature suggestion. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

Just got the Wave SoundTouch. Would like to set default sleep timer to something other than 30min (90 is our preferred). Also allow start sleep timer without the remote. Maybe double tap the unit, or add to Alexa Skill??

Hi TheGuru97321, 

We hope you're enjoying your Wave SoundTouch system!

To adjust the sleep timer on your system, this does require the remote control, please follow the below instructions;

• Turn on your system
  • On the remote control, press the Sleep button so SLEEP - 30 MIN appears on the system display
    Note: Some owner's guide might incorrectly state the system remembers the last sleep timer setting; however, it returns to 30 after use.
  • Press the Sleep button repeatedly to select a time from 10 - 90 minutes in increments of 10
  • Wait 10 seconds for the menu to close.

You can add Alexa via the instructions within this link. This can allow you to set alarms on your system, however this will not affect the sleep timer. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

Tegan,

I am enjoying my 2nd SoundTouch product (ST20 as the first). We purchased the Wave ST system to have Alarm and Sleep timer since the other ST devices STILL don’t have this feature. I under stand that these steps are how to use the device currently, which I obviously knew. I am suggesting faster/easier ways to do so. I’m sure other users would benefit from these suggestions as well. 

Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Hello, @Hector_B 

I have been watching this for a year now that I bought this "smart" speaker but I see that they are just words and "requests for future function" and we do not see the development.
Here is a link to get an idea of why we are so bothered by your delay:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/452?language=en_US&utm_source=doc-care&utm_medium=timedmusic&utm... 

Everyone here says so, it's a "premium" speaker that has no way of choosing which music or music service wakes me up as an alarm tone.

The competition is ahead of them in minor things that generate a lot of unrest in the community and give a bad reputation to their development team.

I hope you understand the community's discomfort: More than a year waiting for this feature!

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2020

I would realy aprisiate alarm function with sound of BOSE!

I vote for it! It should have it, I expect it for this $$$!

It could be very simple: set alarm time, enable weekdays, chose station from presets, set volume and that's it.

Sleep function could also be simple, like holding on mic for few seconds then +/- up down step for 10 min.. 

Come on Bose you can do it!